Applicability of the Student Rules, policies and procedures
1.(1) The student procedures apply, except as otherwise indicated in the rules for this course.
Academic Conduct Essentials module
2.(1) Except as stated in (2), a student who enrols in this course for the first time irrespective of whether they have previously been enrolled in another course of the University, must undertake the Academic Conduct Essentials module (the ACE module).
English Language competency requirements
3.(1) To be considered eligible for consideration for admission to this course an applicant must satisfy the University's English language competence requirement as set out in the University Policy on Admission: Coursework, except as otherwise indicated in the rules for this course.
Admission ranking and selection
(d) an interview in which eligible applicants will be assessed based on the personal qualities considered desirable in psychology with invitation to attend the interview based on Rules 4, 5(a), (b) and (c) and the interview quota for that year;
Articulations and exit awards
- 01880/54580 Doctor of Philosophy and Master of Industrial and Organisational Psychology (72 points)
- 53580 Master of Industrial and Organisational Psychology (96 points)
(2) Units must be selected in accordance with the course structure, as set out in these rules.
will not have made satisfactory progress.
9. A student who has not achieved a result of Ungraded Pass (UP) for the ACE module when their progress status is assessed will not have made satisfactory progress even if they have met the other requirements for satisfactory progress in Rule 8.
10. Unless the Faculty and the Board approve otherwise in recognition of exceptional circumstances, students who fail to make satisfactory progress in accordance with Rule 8 are assigned a progress status of 'Excluded'.
11. A student who does not make satisfactory progress in terms of Rule 9 is assigned the progress status of 'On Probation', unless they have been assigned a progress status of 'Suspended' or 'Excluded' for failure to meet other satisfactory progress requirements in Rule 8.
Award with distinction
Submission of research proposal and thesis
14.(1) A student who is permitted to enrol in terms of Rule 4(a) must submit a full research proposal to the Board of the Graduate Research School no later than 31 October in the year of their commencement of candidature if enrolled full-time or within nine months of their date of commencement if enrolled part-time.
(3) Submission and examination of the thesis is governed by the relevant Doctor of Philosophy rules (Rules 46, 47(1) and (2), and 48 to 51) for the appointment of examiners and the examination of the thesis.
15. Unless the Faculty on the recommendation of the Head of the School of Psychology approves otherwise, students must complete the units required under Rule 13 within four calendar years from the date of first enrolment in the combined course.