Applicability of the Student Rules, policies and procedures
1.(1) The student procedures apply, except as otherwise indicated in the rules for this course.
Academic Conduct Essentials module
2.(1) Except as stated in (2), a student who enrols in this course for the first time irrespective of whether they have previously been enrolled in another course of the University, must undertake the Academic Conduct Essentials module (the ACE module).
English Language competency requirements
3.(1) To be considered eligible for consideration for admission to this course an applicant must satisfy the University's English language competence requirement as set out in the University Policy on Admission: Coursework, except as otherwise indicated in the rules for this course.
1GMAT scores are valid for five years.
Admission ranking and selection
Articulations and exit awards
- 40260 Graduate Certificate in Social Impact (24 points)
- 41210 Graduate Certificate in Business (24 points)
- 41220 Graduate Certificate in Leadership (24 points)
- 41230 Graduate Certificate in Entrepreneurship and Innovation (24 points)
- 42520 Master of Business Administration (72 points)
(2) A student who withdraws from the Master of Business Administration course before completing it, but after fulfilling the requirements of a lesser award in the above sequence, may apply for the relevant award.
(2) Units must be selected in accordance with the course structure, as set out in these rules.
8.(1) To make satisfactory progress in a calendar year a student must pass units to a value of at least half the total value of units in which they remain enrolled after the final date for withdrawal without academic penalty.
9. A student who has not achieved a result of Ungraded Pass (UP) for the ACE module when their progress status is assessed will not have made satisfactory progress even if they have met the other requirements for satisfactory progress in Rule 8.
(3) Students seeking to re-enrol in the course after being assigned a progress status of 'Excluded' must submit, after a period of at least 12 months, sufficient reason to the Faculty, in writing, demonstrating why an improvement in performance could reasonably be expected.
(4) Students who have been assigned a progress status of 'Excluded' and are subsequently permitted by the Faculty to re-enrol are assigned a progress status of 'On Probation' and must meet any conditions determined by the Faculty.
11. A student who does not make satisfactory progress in terms of Rule 9 is assigned the progress status of 'On Probation', unless they have been assigned a progress status of 'Suspended' or 'Excluded' for failure to meet other satisfactory progress requirements in Rule 8.
Award with distinction
Alternative exit award
13. A student who withdraws from the course before completing the course requirements but after completing units to the value of 48 points for the Graduate Diploma in Business may apply to the Faculty to be awarded the relevant qualification.
14. Where a student has successfully completed undergraduate study in the disciplinary areas of the core units of this course, the Faculty may permit substitution of up to four of these units (not including MGMT5700 Strategic Management) to the extent it is satisfied that the student has already studied the relevant content.
15.(1) The Faculty may grant credit towards the course up to a total value of 24 points for units completed in the Graduate Certificate in Business, Graduate Certificate in Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Graduate Certificate in Leadership or Graduate Certificate in Social Impact of this University within the previous five years.
(2) For students who have not completed the Graduate Certificate in Business, Graduate Certificate in Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Graduate Certificate in Leadership or Graduate Certificate in Social Impact of this University, the Faculty may grant credit towards the course for studies completed within the previous five years to a total value of 36 points.
[(b) and (c) are approved exceptions to University Policy]