Applicability of the Student Rules, policies and procedures
1.(1) The student procedures apply, except as otherwise indicated in the rules for this course.
Academic Conduct Essentials module
2.(1) Except as stated in (2), a student who enrols in this course for the first time irrespective of whether they have previously been enrolled in another course of the University, must undertake the Academic Conduct Essentials module (the ACE module).
English Language competency requirements
3. To be considered eligible for consideration for admission to this course an applicant must satisfy the University's English language competence requirement as set out in the University Policy on Admission: Coursework.
(b) a Graduate Diploma in Exercise Rehabilitation, a Graduate Diploma in Sport and Recreation Management, or a Graduate Diploma in Work, Health and Safety, or an equivalent qualification, as recognised by UWA.
Admission ranking and selection
Articulations and exit awards
- 71330 Graduate Diploma in Sport and Exercise Science (48 points)
- 51390 Graduate Diploma in Sport & Recreation Management (48 points)
(2) A student who withdraws from the Master of Exercise Science course before completing it, but after completing 48 points, which includes course core and specialisation core units in line with the course regulations Graduate Diploma in Sport & Exercise Science, may apply to the Faculty to be awarded the Graduate Diploma in Sport and Exercise Science.
(3) A student who withdraws from the Master of Exercise Science course before completing it, but after completing 48 points, which includes course core and specialisation core units in line with the course regulations, may apply to the Faculty to be awarded the Graduate Diploma in Sport & Recreation Management.
7.(1) The course consists of units to a total value of 96 points (maximum value) which includes conversion units to a value of 24 points, course core units and specialisation units. The course comprises the following specialisations:
(2) Units must be selected in accordance with the course structure, as set out in these rules.
(3) Students who have completed a Bachelor of Science with a major in Sport, Exercise and/or Movement Sciences, or equivalent as recognised by the Faculty. are granted credit for conversion units up to a value of 24 points.
8. A student who does not pass units to a value of at least half the total points value of units for which they are enrolled, or who fails the same unit twice, will not have made satisfactory progress.
9. A student who has not achieved a result of Ungraded Pass (UP) for the ACE module when their progress status is assessed will not have made satisfactory progress even if they have met the other requirements for satisfactory progress in Rule 8.
11. A student who does not make satisfactory progress in terms of Rule 9 is assigned the progress status of 'On Probation', unless they have been assigned a progress status of 'Suspended' or 'Excluded' for failure to meet other satisfactory progress requirements in Rule 8.
Award with distinction
and a supervisor, approved by the Faculty, must have confirmed their willingness and availability to supervise the research project.