9. Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Biomedical Science, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Design and Bachelor of Science honours degree courses
(1) The honours degree course consists of the equivalent of eight units.
(2) The honours degree course includes a research dissertation that is normally—
(a) equivalent to four units; and
(b) required to be completed, whether on a full-time or part-time basis, within two consecutive semesters.
(3) Except as stated in (4), a student who enrols in the honours degree course for the first time, irrespective of whether they have previously been enrolled in another course of the University, must undertake modules called Academic Conduct Essentials (the ACE module), Communication and Research Skills (the CARS module) and Indigenous Studies Essentials (the ISE module) in the teaching period in which they are first enrolled.
(4) A student who has previously achieved a result of Ungraded Pass (UP) for the ACE module, the CARS module or the ISE module is not required to repeat the relevant module.
(1) To make satisfactory progress in a calendar year a student must pass all units in which they remain enrolled after the final date for withdrawal without academic penalty.
(2) For the dissertation component of the honours degree course the relevant board determines whether satisfactory progress has been made having regard to the report of the student's supervisor.
(3) A student who has not achieved a result of Ungraded Pass (UP) in one or more of the ACE module, the CARS module or the ISE module when their progress status is assessed will not have made satisfactory progress.
(1) A student who makes satisfactory progress is assigned the status of 'Good Standing'.
(2) Unless the relevant board determines otherwise because of exceptional circumstances,
(a) a student who does not make satisfactory progress under Rule 10(1) or (2) is assigned the progress status of 'Excluded';
(b) a student who does not make satisfactory progress under Rule 10(3) is assigned the progress status of 'On Probation' unless they have been assigned a progress status of 'Excluded' for failure to make satisfactory progress under Rule 10(1) or (2).