Graduate Certificate in Leadership
This course is designed as a pathway into the Master of Business Administration by coursework (42520). It may be taken as a stand alone course and is tailored for mid to senior level professionals seeking advanced skills in business leadership. The course allows students the opportunity to gain further specialist skills and competencies to enable them to advance to the next level.
- Course title
- Graduate Certificate in Leadership
- Award abbreviation
- Course code
- Course type
- postgraduate certificate
- current / 2018
- Administered by
- Faculty of Arts, Business, Law and Education
- Intake periods
- Beginning of year and mid-year
- Attendance type
- part-time only
- Credit points required
A standard full-time load is 24 points per semester.
- Standard course duration
- 1 year
- Time limit
- 2 years
- Delivery mode
- Locations offered
- UWA (Perth)
- Domestic fee type
- Postgraduate fee-paying/FEE-HELP
- Course Coordinator(s)
- Dr Michele Roberts
- Visit the fees calculator.
Prospective students should see the Future Students website for details on admission requirements, intake periods, fees, availability to international students, careers information etc.
|Key to availability of units:|
|T1 = Trimester 1; T2 = Trimester 2; T3 = Trimester 3; NS = non-standard teaching period|
All units have a value of six points unless otherwise stated.
Take all units (12 points):
|NS, T1, T2, T3||MGMT5501||Organisational Behaviour|
|T1, T3||MGMT5528||Leading Self and Leading Others|
Take unit(s) to the value of 12 points:
|NS||MGMT5522||Leading Global Collaborations|
|NS||MGMT5523||Becoming a Leader: Perspectives on Leadership Development|
|NS, T1, T2||MGMT5570||Organisational Change and Transformation|
Applicability of the Student Rules, policies and procedures
1.(1) The student procedures apply, except as otherwise indicated in the rules for this course.
Academic Conduct Essentials module
2.(1) Except as stated in (2), a student who enrols in this course for the first time irrespective of whether they have previously been enrolled in another course of the University, must undertake the Academic Conduct Essentials module (the ACE module).
English Language competency requirements
3. To be considered eligible for consideration for admission to this course an applicant must satisfy the University's English language competence requirement as set out in the University Policy on Admission: Coursework.
(b) at least eight years of relevant, documented professional experience considered by UWA (following an interview and assessment process) to be sufficient to permit satisfactory completion of the course.
1GMAT scores are valid for five years.
Admission ranking and selection
Articulations and exit awards
- 41220 Graduate Certificate in Leadership (24 points)
- 42520 Master of Business Administration (72 points)
(2) Units must be selected in accordance with the course structure, as set out in these rules.
8. To make satisfactory progress in a calendar year a student must pass units to a value of at least half the total value of units in which they remain enrolled after the final date for withdrawal without academic penalty.
9. A student who has not achieved a result of Ungraded Pass (UP) for the ACE module when their progress status is assessed will not have made satisfactory progress even if they have met the other requirements for satisfactory progress in Rule 8.
11. A student who does not make satisfactory progress in terms of Rule 9 is assigned the progress status of 'On Probation', unless they have been assigned a progress status of 'Suspended' or 'Excluded' for failure to meet other satisfactory progress requirements in Rule 8.