Graduate Diploma in Professional Education
The Graduate Diploma in Professional Education is equivalent to six months of full-time study and articulates with the Master of Education (coursework) or Master of Educational Leadership (coursework).
- Course title
- Graduate Diploma in Professional Education
- Award abbreviation
- Course code
- Course type
- postgraduate diploma
- current / 2019
- Administered by
- Faculty of Arts, Business, Law and Education
- CRICOS code
- Intake periods
- Beginning of year and mid-year
- Attendance type
- full- or part-time (Student visa holders should read Education Services for Overseas Students Act 2000 for more information.)
- Credit points required
A standard full-time load is 24 points per semester.
- Standard course duration
- 0.5 year
- Time limit
- 2 years
- Delivery mode
- Locations offered
- UWA (Perth)
- Domestic fee type
- Postgraduate fee-paying/FEE-HELP
- Course Coordinator(s)
- Professor Simon Clarke
- Visit the fees calculator.
Prospective students should see the Future Students website for details on admission requirements, intake periods, fees, availability to international students, careers information etc.
|Key to availability of units:|
|S1 = Semester 1; S2 = Semester 2; N/A = not available in 2019; NS = non-standard teaching period|
All units have a value of six points unless otherwise stated.
Note: Units that are indicated as N/A may be available in 2020 or 2021.
Take unit(s) to the value of 24 points:
|NS||EDUC5519||Contemporary Reforms in Early Childhood Education and Care|
|S1||EDUC5606||Advance Course in Rasch Measurement Theory|
|NS||EDUC5608||Integrating Pedagogy and Technology|
|S1, NS||EDUC5610||Human Resource Development in Education|
|NS||EDUC5612||Leadership for Learning|
|S1||EDUC5616||International and Comparative Education|
|NS, S1||EDUC5636||Assessment and Measurement|
|NS||EDUC5637||Measurement and Evaluation|
|S2||EDUC5638||Introduction to Classical and Rasch Measurement Theories|
|NS||EDUC5639||Childhood and Adolescent Developmental Psychopathology|
|N/A||EDUC5641||History of Education|
|NS||EDUC5658||Education Policy Trends: Global to Local|
|NS, S1||EDUC5660||Education Studies|
|NS, S1||EDUC5661||Education Studies|
|N/A||EDUC5662||Action Research and Curriculum Innovation|
|NS||EDUC5678||Improving Learning and Teaching in the Curriculum|
Applicability of the Student Rules, policies and procedures
1.(1) The http://matrix-prod.its.uwa.edu.au/handbooks2019/postgraduate/student-procedures'>student procedures apply, except as otherwise indicated in the rules for this course.
Academic Conduct Essentials module
2.(1) Except as stated in (2), a student who enrols in this course for the first time irrespective of whether they have previously been enrolled in another course of the University, must undertake the Academic Conduct Essentials module (the ACE module).
English Language competency requirements
3. To be considered eligible for consideration for admission to this course an applicant must satisfy the University's English language competence requirement as set out in the University Policy on Admission: Coursework.
Admission ranking and selection
Articulations and exit awards
- 30520 Master of Educational Leadership (48 points)
- 30580 Master of Education (48 points)
- 31310 Graduate Diploma in Professional Education (24 points)
- 31650 Master of Educational Leadership (72 points)
(2) Units must be selected in accordance with the course structure, as set out in these rules.
8. To make satisfactory progress in a calendar year a student must pass units to a value of at least half the total value of units in which they remain enrolled after the final date for withdrawal without academic penalty.
9. A student who has not achieved a result of Ungraded Pass (UP) for the ACE module when their progress status is assessed will not have made satisfactory progress even if they have met the other requirements for satisfactory progress in Rule 8.
11. A student who does not make satisfactory progress in terms of Rule 9 is assigned the progress status of 'On Probation', unless they have been assigned a progress status of 'Suspended' or 'Excluded' for failure to meet other satisfactory progress requirements in Rule 8.