UWA Handbook 2017

Student procedures (postgraduate)

Applicability of student procedures

The following student procedures apply to all postgraduate students of The University of Western Australia. This information is arranged under three main headings:

GENERAL—for all postgraduate students

HIGHER DEGREE BY RESEARCH ONLY—for higher degree by research students in courses which are wholly administered by the Graduate Research School

POSTGRADUATE COURSEWORK OR RESEARCH AND COURSEWORK—for students taking master's and doctoral degrees comprising only coursework or a combination of coursework and research. These courses are usually administered by faculties, but some combined courses may also be administered in part by the Graduate Research School.