Students who commenced their course before 2012 should consult the rules below.
Applicability of the Student Rules, policies and procedures126.96.36.199(1) The Student Rules apply to students in this course.
Admission188.8.131.52(1) The admission requirements are—
(a) the corresponding pass degree of this University passed at a sufficiently high level, or equivalent as recognised by the Faculty;
(b) completion of the prerequisite major of the honours course to which admission is sought.
(2) To be considered for honours candidature, applicants must have completed the requirements of the qualifications on the basis of which admission is sought within the previous seven years and be recommended by the head(s) of school(s) concerned.
Course structure184.108.40.206(1) A student must fulfil the requirements of a course recommended by the head of school concerned or, in the case of certain joint honours courses, the heads of schools concerned, and approved by the Faculty.
(2) The course has a value of 48 points and includes a dissertation.
(3) The Faculty may approve joint honours courses which may be arranged by one or more schools.
Submission and examination of dissertation220.127.116.11(1) Unless the Faculty permits otherwise, the dissertation must be received by the examiners by a date specified by the school(s) concerned.
(2) The school(s) concerned must appoint two examiners for each dissertation who, following examination of the dissertation, each provide a written report to the school(s).
(3) Examiners must be independent and not have been involved in the supervision of the student.