UWA Handbook 2017


If you find that your interests develop in areas outside of your course, or if you are a high achiever and would like the opportunity to challenge yourself, then you may wish to apply to transfer to another course.

You can choose to transfer into any of the three-year undergraduate pass degree courses:

Applications can be made mid-year or at the end of the year.

Alternatively, you can apply to transfer into the four-year Bachelor of Philosophy (Honours) course. The Bachelor of Philosophy (Honours) is an intensive course that will give you the opportunity to develop your research and communication skills at a higher level. In order to be eligible you must—

  • maintain a weighted average mark (WAM) of 80 or above; and
  • be about to complete your first 48 points of study at UWA. (This normally means you are about to complete your Level 1 requirements. A standard semester unit is worth six credit points.)

Applications to transfer into a Bachelor of Philosophy (Honours) course can only be made at the end of the year.

Units that you have successfully passed in one undergraduate course can be credited towards another.

The Current Students website provide further details on how to apply to transfer course.