MKTG5550 Marketing Principles
- 6 points
Availability Location Mode Non-standard teaching period UWA (Perth) Face to face Trimester 1 UWA (Perth) Face to face Trimester 2 UWA (Perth) Face to face Trimester 3 UWA (Perth) Face to face Trimester 1 Online Online
- This unit studies the marketing function; marketing decision making and the marketing mix; forecasting demand; market segmentation and related behavioural issues; marketing strategies; product as a marketing variable; channel strategy; promotion budgeting and allocation, promotion and advertising strategies; pricing decisions; and evaluation and control of marketing management.
- Students are able to (1) learn how to apply marketing principles and develop theoretical marketing knowledge in a local and global context; (2) develop an understanding of the importance of value creation in marketing; (3) improve writing and presentation skills; (4) develop an ability to work more effectively in teams; and (5) increase awareness and understanding of ethical, social and environmental issues in marketing.
- Indicative assessments in this unit are as follows: (1) participation; (2) group case study; and (3) final examination. Further information is available in the unit outline.
Supplementary assessment is not available in this unit.
- Unit Coordinator(s)
- Dr Joanne Sneddon (Tri 1, session 3/Tri 2), Richard Gruner (Tri 2, Tri 3), Greg Brush (Tri 3)
- Unit rules
- enrolment in one of the following courses: Master of Business Administration (coursework); Master of Business Administration (coursework and dissertation); Graduate Certificate in Business; Graduate Certificate in Entrepreneurship and Innovation;
approval from The Business School only, which will be determined with regard to relevant documented professional work experience.
- MKTG5561 Marketing Management
- Contact hours
- trimester teaching periods—lectures/seminars/workshops: up to 3 hours per week; non-standard teaching period—lectures/seminars/workshops: up to 5 hours per week over 7 weeks
- Unit Outline
- Trimester 1_2019 [TRI-1_2019]
Trimester 1_2019_ONLINE [TRI-1_2019_ONLINE]
Trimester 2_2019 [TRI-2_2019]
Trimester 2_2019_ONLINE [TRI-2_2019_ONLINE]
Non-standard teaching period [TS-G-2C_2019]
- The availability of units in Semester 1, 2, etc. was correct at the time of publication but may be subject to change.
- All students are responsible for identifying when they need assistance to improve their academic learning, research, English language and numeracy skills; seeking out the services and resources available to help them; and applying what they learn. Students are encouraged to register for free online support through GETSmart; to help themselves to the extensive range of resources on UWA's STUDYSmarter website; and to participate in WRITESmart and (ma+hs)Smart drop-ins and workshops.
- Books and other material wherever listed may be subject to change. Book lists relating to 'Preliminary reading', 'Recommended reading' and 'Textbooks' are, in most cases, available at the University Co-operative Bookshop (from early January) and appropriate administrative offices for students to consult. Where texts are listed in the unit description above, an asterisk (*) indicates that the book is available in paperback.