ARLA0001 School of Design Workshop Induction
- 0 points
Availability Location Mode Not available in 2019 UWA (Perth) Face to face
- The School of Design Safety Workshop Induction provides students with an orientation in the School's workshop and knowledge of the rules and procedures for the safe operation of its facilities.
In order to undertake the Workshop induction (Part B), students must first complete the online quiz (Part A).
- Students are able to demonstrate awareness of and implement occupational health and safety practices with regard to working conditions, work systems/flows and equipment operation pertinent to the School of Design workshop.
- Indicative assessments in this unit are as follows: attendance at and participation in the workshop induction. Further information is available in the unit outline.
Supplementary assessment is not available in this unit.
- Unit Coordinator(s)
- Dr Kate Hislop
- Contact hours
- 1 x 1.5 hour workshop
- Unit Outline
- Semester 1 [SEM-1]
This is an obligatory workshop induction for all University students who have not undertaken the unit before and who are enrolled in units, which entail a making component, offered by the School of Design.
- The availability of units in Semester 1, 2, etc. was correct at the time of publication but may be subject to change.
- All students are responsible for identifying when they need assistance to improve their academic learning, research, English language and numeracy skills; seeking out the services and resources available to help them; and applying what they learn. Students are encouraged to register for free online support through GETSmart; to help themselves to the extensive range of resources on UWA's STUDYSmarter website; and to participate in WRITESmart and (ma+hs)Smart drop-ins and workshops.
- Books and other material wherever listed may be subject to change. Book lists relating to 'Preliminary reading', 'Recommended reading' and 'Textbooks' are, in most cases, available at the University Co-operative Bookshop (from early January) and appropriate administrative offices for students to consult. Where texts are listed in the unit description above, an asterisk (*) indicates that the book is available in paperback.