BUSN5506 Business Research Project
- 6 points
|Semester 1||UWA (Perth)||Face to face|
|Semester 2||UWA (Perth)||Face to face|
- This supervised research project develops students' abilities to conduct a research project which addresses a specific research problem and to prepare a written academic report.
- Students are able to (1) develop a research question(s) for investigating a defined business problem; (2) conduct a review of academic literature related to a defined business problem; and (3) apply research methods to collect and analyse data related to a defined business problem.
- Typically this unit is assessed in the following way: research thesis or report. Further information is available in the unit outline.
Supplementary assessment is not available in this unit.
- Unit Coordinator(s)
- Dr Nick Letch
- Unit rules
- approval by course coordinator
- Contact hours
- in consultation with a supervisor
- The availability of units in Semester 1, 2, etc. was correct at the time of publication but may be subject to change.
- All students are responsible for identifying when they need assistance to improve their academic learning, research, English language and numeracy skills; seeking out the services and resources available to help them; and applying what they learn. Students are encouraged to register for free online support through GETSmart; to help themselves to the extensive range of resources on UWA's STUDYSmarter website; and to participate in WRITESmart and (ma+hs)Smart drop-ins and workshops.
- Books and other material wherever listed may be subject to change. Book lists relating to 'Preliminary reading', 'Recommended reading' and 'Textbooks' are, in most cases, available at the University Co-operative Bookshop (from early January) and appropriate administrative offices for students to consult. Where texts are listed in the unit description above, an asterisk (*) indicates that the book is available in paperback.