EBUS5504 Electronic Business
- 6 points
|Semester 2||UWA (Perth)||Face to face|
- In today's environment, business marketing and supply are becoming increasingly reliant on electronic technologies to enhance some of their traditional functions. This unit reviews the use of electronic technologies within business as well as some of the traditional areas. Issues covered include organisational buying, e-procurement, internet based electronic data interchange, logistic information systems and knowledge management.
- Students are able to (1) explain the current electronic commerce terminology, concepts and theories; (2) formulate e-business strategies for supply chain improvements; (3) apply electronic commerce concepts to business problems; (4) apply their learning in a day to day management role; and (5) develop written and oral communication skills.
- Assessment information is provided in the unit outline.
Supplementary assessment is not available in this unit.
- Unit Coordinator(s)
- Dr Helen Cripps
- Contact hours
- lectures/seminars/workshops: up to 3 hours per week
- The availability of units in Semester 1, 2, etc. was correct at the time of publication but may be subject to change.
- All students are responsible for identifying when they need assistance to improve their academic learning, research, English language and numeracy skills; seeking out the services and resources available to help them; and applying what they learn. Students are encouraged to register for free online support through GETSmart; to help themselves to the extensive range of resources on UWA's STUDYSmarter website; and to participate in WRITESmart and (ma+hs)Smart drop-ins and workshops.
- Books and other material wherever listed may be subject to change. Book lists relating to 'Preliminary reading', 'Recommended reading' and 'Textbooks' are, in most cases, available at the University Co-operative Bookshop (from early January) and appropriate administrative offices for students to consult. Where texts are listed in the unit description above, an asterisk (*) indicates that the book is available in paperback.