IMED5810 Program Evaluation
- 6 points
Availability Location Mode Not available in 2019 Online Online
- This unit focuses on developing knowledge and skills in program evaluation.
- Students are able to (1) describe a range of evaluation models and frameworks; (2) articulate the evaluation processes; (3) apply evaluation processes to an existing health-related program; and (4) disseminate through discussion and presentation with peers and professional colleagues.
- This comprises three assignments—a critique of an evaluation case, an evaluation plan (includes evaluation report proforma), and a paper incorporating relevant discussion postings, e-poster and a presentation). There are no formal examinations in this unit.
Supplementary assessment is not available in this unit.
- Unit Coordinator(s)
- Associate Professor Diana Jonas-Dwyer
- Unit rules
- Enrolled students can access unit material via the LMS (Learning Management System).
Owen, J. M. Program Evaluation: Forms and Approaches, 3rd edn: Allen & Unwin 2006
Selected readings are provided.
- The availability of units in Semester 1, 2, etc. was correct at the time of publication but may be subject to change.
- All students are responsible for identifying when they need assistance to improve their academic learning, research, English language and numeracy skills; seeking out the services and resources available to help them; and applying what they learn. Students are encouraged to register for free online support through GETSmart; to help themselves to the extensive range of resources on UWA's STUDYSmarter website; and to participate in WRITESmart and (ma+hs)Smart drop-ins and workshops.
- Books and other material wherever listed may be subject to change. Book lists relating to 'Preliminary reading', 'Recommended reading' and 'Textbooks' are, in most cases, available at the University Co-operative Bookshop (from early January) and appropriate administrative offices for students to consult. Where texts are listed in the unit description above, an asterisk (*) indicates that the book is available in paperback.