INMT5526 Business Intelligence
- 6 points
|Semester 2||UWA (Perth)||Face to face|
- This unit enables students to understand and apply flexible computer-based systems that learn to solve problems—genetic algorithm, fuzzy logic and neural networks. This is in a business management and planning environment. Hybrid methods and the relatively new swarm intelligence models are also introduced.
- Students are able to (1) describe a range of advanced technologies appropriate for business intelligence; (2) develop a hands-on capacity to apply BI methods; (3) assess the potential to apply BI techniques in business and administrative contexts; (4) compare various BI technology approaches to solving business problems; and (5) interpret the output of BI techniques in a business context.
- Assessment information is provided in the unit outline.
Supplementary assessment is not available in this unit.
- Unit Coordinator(s)
- Professor Peter Goldschmidt
- Contact hours
- lectures/seminars/workshops: up to 3 hours per week
- The availability of units in Semester 1, 2, etc. was correct at the time of publication but may be subject to change.
- All students are responsible for identifying when they need assistance to improve their academic learning, research, English language and numeracy skills; seeking out the services and resources available to help them; and applying what they learn. Students are encouraged to register for free online support through GETSmart; to help themselves to the extensive range of resources on UWA's STUDYSmarter website; and to participate in WRITESmart and (ma+hs)Smart drop-ins and workshops.
- Books and other material wherever listed may be subject to change. Book lists relating to 'Preliminary reading', 'Recommended reading' and 'Textbooks' are, in most cases, available at the University Co-operative Bookshop (from early January) and appropriate administrative offices for students to consult. Where texts are listed in the unit description above, an asterisk (*) indicates that the book is available in paperback.