LAWS6979 Advanced Legal Theory and Research Methodology
- 6 points
|Semester 1||UWA (Perth)||Face to face|
- This unit adopts a flexible approach in relation to the format of the workshops/seminars. All Doctor of Juridical Science students are required to take the unit which is assessed as pass/fail. Specialists are invited to lead discussion on various topics.
- Students are able to (1) think about contemporary legal issues; and advanced concepts in legal theory and research methodology and (2) develop knowledge and application of new technology in legal research; critical analytical skills; and broader research writing and communication skills.
- Supplementary assessment is not available in this unit.
- Unit Coordinator(s)
- Director of Postgraduate Studies
- Contact hours
- intensive/partially online
- The availability of units in Semester 1, 2, etc. was correct at the time of publication but may be subject to change.
- All students are responsible for identifying when they need assistance to improve their academic learning, research, English language and numeracy skills; seeking out the services and resources available to help them; and applying what they learn. Students are encouraged to register for free online support through GETSmart; to help themselves to the extensive range of resources on UWA's STUDYSmarter website; and to participate in WRITESmart and (ma+hs)Smart drop-ins and workshops.
- Books and other material wherever listed may be subject to change. Book lists relating to 'Preliminary reading', 'Recommended reading' and 'Textbooks' are, in most cases, available at the University Co-operative Bookshop (from early January) and appropriate administrative offices for students to consult. Where texts are listed in the unit description above, an asterisk (*) indicates that the book is available in paperback.