MGMT5605 Professional Business Communications
- 6 points
|Not available in 2019||UWA (Perth)||Face to face|
- This unit helps students to develop language, academic and critical thinking skills appropriate for postgraduate level studies. Topics include the communication process in interactive engagement; barriers to successful communications; types of communications in the workplace; role of non-verbal communications; effective interpersonal communications; effective team participation; elements of negotiations and conflict management.
- Supplementary assessment is not available in this unit.
- The availability of units in Semester 1, 2, etc. was correct at the time of publication but may be subject to change.
- All students are responsible for identifying when they need assistance to improve their academic learning, research, English language and numeracy skills; seeking out the services and resources available to help them; and applying what they learn. Students are encouraged to register for free online support through GETSmart; to help themselves to the extensive range of resources on UWA's STUDYSmarter website; and to participate in WRITESmart and (ma+hs)Smart drop-ins and workshops.
- Books and other material wherever listed may be subject to change. Book lists relating to 'Preliminary reading', 'Recommended reading' and 'Textbooks' are, in most cases, available at the University Co-operative Bookshop (from early January) and appropriate administrative offices for students to consult. Where texts are listed in the unit description above, an asterisk (*) indicates that the book is available in paperback.