OGEG8521 Oil and Gas Engineering Dissertation Part 1
- 6 points
|Not available in 2018||UWA (Perth)||Multi-mode|
- This unit can be taken as part 1 (6 points), parts 1 and 2 (12 points) or parts 1, 2 and 3 (18 points). Students can commence the unit in either semester 1 or semester 2. The unit forms part of the Master of Oil and Gas Engineering degree and requires students to write a report/dissertation on a subject of their choice. It is the students' responsibility to choose a subject of interest to them and possibly to their organisation. The topic can be in any area of oil and gas engineering. Discussions should be held with staff to identify an academic project supervisor and to ensure that there is sufficient academic breadth and depth to meet academic standards at postgraduate level. Special approval is needed to enrol into this unit.
- Supplementary assessment is not available in this unit.
- Unit Coordinator(s)
- Dr Thomas Hughes
- Contact hours
- contact the School of Mechanical and Chemical Engineering
- The availability of units in Semester 1, 2, etc. was correct at the time of publication but may be subject to change.
- All students are responsible for identifying when they need assistance to improve their academic learning, research, English language and numeracy skills; seeking out the services and resources available to help them; and applying what they learn. Students are encouraged to register for free online support through GETSmart; to help themselves to the extensive range of resources on UWA's STUDYSmarter website; and to participate in WRITESmart and (ma+hs)Smart drop-ins and workshops.
- Books and other material wherever listed may be subject to change. Book lists relating to 'Preliminary reading', 'Recommended reading' and 'Textbooks' are, in most cases, available at the University Co-operative Bookshop (from early January) and appropriate administrative offices for students to consult. Where texts are listed in the unit description above, an asterisk (*) indicates that the book is available in paperback.