PODI6900 Podiatric Research Thesis (full-time)
- 96 points
Availability Location Mode Non-standard teaching period UWA (Perth) Face to face Non-standard teaching period UWA (Perth) Face to face
- The thesis for the Doctor of Podiatry should provide a comprehensive study of the topic under consideration and make a substantial and original contribution of knowledge to the field of podiatric medicine. It should also focus on the improvement of professional practice through the detailed study of practice issues and the application of theoretical knowledge and practical skills.
- Students prepare a thesis of not more than 70,000 words based on their mentored research.
- Indicative assessments in this unit are as follows: thesis. Further information is available in the unit outline.
Supplementary assessment is not available in this unit.
- Unit Coordinator(s)
- Professor Alan Bryant
- Unit rules
- completion of all Doctor of Podiatry (90820) core units to the value of 48 points
- Contact hours
- supervised research
- The availability of units in Semester 1, 2, etc. was correct at the time of publication but may be subject to change.
- All students are responsible for identifying when they need assistance to improve their academic learning, research, English language and numeracy skills; seeking out the services and resources available to help them; and applying what they learn. Students are encouraged to register for free online support through GETSmart; to help themselves to the extensive range of resources on UWA's STUDYSmarter website; and to participate in WRITESmart and (ma+hs)Smart drop-ins and workshops.
- Books and other material wherever listed may be subject to change. Book lists relating to 'Preliminary reading', 'Recommended reading' and 'Textbooks' are, in most cases, available at the University Co-operative Bookshop (from early January) and appropriate administrative offices for students to consult. Where texts are listed in the unit description above, an asterisk (*) indicates that the book is available in paperback.