SCIE4404 Techniques in Molecular Sciences
- 6 points
Availability Location Mode Non-standard teaching period UWA (Perth) Face to face
- This unit consists of laboratory-based activities. Students are exposed to the current techniques used in molecular science research and acquire skills in problem solving, critical thinking, experimental design and data analysis.
- Students are able to (1) acquire in-depth knowledge about key techniques in molecular sciences; (2) develop laboratory skills required for scientific problem solving; and (3) acquire skills critical thinking, experimental design and data analysis.
- Indicative assessments in this unit are as follows: (1) quizzes and tests; (2) worksheets; and (3) presentation. Further information is available in the unit outline.
Supplementary assessment is not available in this unit.
- Unit Coordinator(s)
- Dr Peter Arthur
- Unit rules
- enrolment in the Master of Biomedical Science (71520)
Master of Biotechnology (71580)
- Unit Outline
- Non-standard teaching period [TS-TP-2]
- The availability of units in Semester 1, 2, etc. was correct at the time of publication but may be subject to change.
- All students are responsible for identifying when they need assistance to improve their academic learning, research, English language and numeracy skills; seeking out the services and resources available to help them; and applying what they learn. Students are encouraged to register for free online support through GETSmart; to help themselves to the extensive range of resources on UWA's STUDYSmarter website; and to participate in WRITESmart and (ma+hs)Smart drop-ins and workshops.
- Books and other material wherever listed may be subject to change. Book lists relating to 'Preliminary reading', 'Recommended reading' and 'Textbooks' are, in most cases, available at the University Co-operative Bookshop (from early January) and appropriate administrative offices for students to consult. Where texts are listed in the unit description above, an asterisk (*) indicates that the book is available in paperback.