SSEH3394 Professional Practice Part 2
- 6 points
|Semester 1||UWA (Perth)||Face to face|
|Semester 2||UWA (Perth)||Face to face|
- Details for undergraduate courses
- Level 3 core unit in the Sport Science; Sport Science, Exercise and Health major sequences
- Level 3 elective
- This unit is taken over two successive semesters and parts 1 and 2 must be completed to fulfil the requirements of the unit. This unit comprises one lecture and the completion of 70 hours of industry practicum.
- Students are able to (1) demonstrate an understanding of the requirements of employment in a SSEH related workplace acquired through undertaking a practicum placement in industry; (2) describe the job application process and apply the practical skills of self-auditing, job searching, job application preparation and interview techniques to the employment process; and (3) identify transition issues relevant to, and the cultural change required by, the new employee.
- Typically this unit is assessed in the following way: this is a pass/fail unit. Assessment tasks are competency based and relate to the unit objectives.. Further information is available in the unit outline.
Supplementary assessment is not available in this unit.
- Unit Coordinator(s)
- Associate Professor Karen Wallman
- Unit rules
- enrolment in the Bachelor of Science (Sport Science major)
the Bachelor of Science (Exercise and Health major)
must have completed 72 points in the degree; for pre-2012 courses: enrolment in a major in Sport Science (MJ-SSCEH)
Exercise and Health (PG-EXHSC)
must have completed 72 points in the degree as well as SSEH3393 Professional Practice Part 1;
enrolment in the Diploma in Science (DU004) with a major in Sport Science (MJS-SPTSC)
Exercise and Health (MJS-EXHS)
must have completed 24 points.
- SSEH3392 Professional Practice; SSEH3390 Professional Practice Part 1; SSEH3391 Professional Practice Part 2
- Contact hours
- seminars: 1 hour per week for 13 weeks; placement preparation: assignment and interview; practicum placement: 70 hours
- Unit Outline
- Students are only permitted to take SSEH3393 Professional Practice Part 1 and SSEH3394 Professional Practice Part 2 concurrently, with the permission of the unit coordinator.
- The availability of units in Semester 1, 2, etc. was correct at the time of publication but may be subject to change.
- All students are responsible for identifying when they need assistance to improve their academic learning, research, English language and numeracy skills; seeking out the services and resources available to help them; and applying what they learn. Students are encouraged to register for free online support through GETSmart; to help themselves to the extensive range of resources on UWA's STUDYSmarter website; and to participate in WRITESmart and (ma+hs)Smart drop-ins and workshops.
- Books and other material wherever listed may be subject to change. Book lists relating to 'Preliminary reading', 'Recommended reading' and 'Textbooks' are, in most cases, available at the University Co-operative Bookshop (from early January) and appropriate administrative offices for students to consult. Where texts are listed in the unit description above, an asterisk (*) indicates that the book is available in paperback.