Applicability of the Student Rules, policies and procedures
1.(1) The Student Rules apply to students in this course.
(2) The policy, policy statements and guidance documents and student procedures apply, except as otherwise indicated in the rules for this course.
Academic Conduct Essentials module
2.(1) Except as stated in (2), a student who enrols in this course for the first time irrespective of whether they have previously been enrolled in another course of the University, must undertake the Academic Conduct Essentials module (the ACE module).
(2) A student who has previously achieved a result of Ungraded Pass (UP) for the ACE module is not required to repeat the module.
English Language competency requirements
3. To be considered eligible for consideration for admission to this course an applicant must satisfy the University's English language competence requirement as set out in the University Policy on Admission: Coursework.
4.(1) To be considered for admission to this course an applicant must have—
(a) a qualification in psychology, as accredited by the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency, comprising:
(i) a first or upper second class honours; or
(ii) a four-year Bachelor of Psychology; or
(iii) a Graduate Diploma in Psychology, or an equivalent qualification, as recognised by UWA;
(b) the equivalent of a UWA weighted average mark of at least 70 percent in their fourth year of psychology study.
(2) Applicants must be eligible for registration as a psychologist at application.
Admission ranking and selection
5. Where relevant, admission will be awarded to the highest ranked applicants or applicants selected based on—
(a) the admission requirements under Rule 4;
(b) relevant community service experience (e.g. telephone counselling, aide to a person with a disability).
Articulations and exit awards
6. This course does not form part of an articulated sequence.
7.(1) The course consists of units to a total value of 48 points.
(2) Units must be selected in accordance with the course structure, as set out in these rules.
8.(1) To make satisfactory progress in a calendar year a student must pass units to a value of at least half the total value of units in which they remain enrolled after the final date for withdrawal without academic penalty.
(2) Students who do not pass the practical assessment for School Psychology I will not be permitted to progress to School Psychology II.
9. A student who has not achieved a result of Ungraded Pass (UP) for the ACE module when their progress status is assessed will not have made satisfactory progress even if they have met the other requirements for satisfactory progress in Rule 8.
10.(1) A student who makes satisfactory progress under Rule 8 is assigned the status of 'Good Standing'.
(2) Unless the relevant board determines otherwise because of exceptional circumstances—
(a) a student who does not make satisfactory progress for the first time under Rule 8 is assigned a progress status of 'On Probation';
(b) a student who does not make satisfactory progress for the second time under Rule 8 is assigned a progress status of 'Suspended';
(c) a student who does not make satisfactory progress for the third time under Rule 8 is assigned a progress status of 'Excluded'.
11. A student who does not make satisfactory progress in terms of Rule 9 is assigned the progress status of 'On Probation', unless they have been assigned a progress status of 'Suspended' or 'Excluded' for failure to meet other satisfactory progress requirements in Rule 8.
Award with distinction
12. This rule is not applicable to this course.
Failure to pass a Professional Practice unit
13. 1. Students who do not pass a Professional Practice unit may apply to have their case considered by a committee comprising —
(a) the Head of School or nominee;
(b) the relevant course coordinator; and
(c) a professional practice coordinator.
.The committee will take into account all relevant information and recommend to the School that the student be permitted to —
(a) repeat the Professional Practice unit; or
(b) repeat the Professional Practice unit following demonstration of specified conditions (e.g. completion of specified additional relevant work) to the satisfaction of the course coordinator; or
(c) not be permitted to re-enrol in the course.