Applicability of the Student Rules, policies and procedures
1.(1) The http://handbooks.uwa.edu.au/postgraduate/student-procedures'>student procedures apply, except as otherwise indicated in the rules for this course.
Academic Conduct Essentials module
2.(1) Except as stated in (2), a student who enrols in this course for the first time irrespective of whether they have previously been enrolled in another course of the University, must undertake the Academic Conduct Essentials module (the ACE module).
English Language competency requirements
3. To be considered eligible for consideration for admission to this course an applicant must satisfy the University's English language competence requirement as set out in the http://www.governance.uwa.edu.au/procedures/policies/policies-and-procedures?method=document&id=UP16/5'>University Policy on Admission: Coursework.
Admission ranking and selection
Articulations and exit awards
- 51300 Graduate Diploma in Anatomical Sciences (48 points)
- 53510 Master of Anatomical Sciences (96 points)
(2) A student who withdraws from the Master of Anatomical Sciences course before completing it, but after fulfilling the requirements of a lesser award in the above sequence, may apply for the relevant award.
(2) Units must be selected in accordance with the course structure, as set out in these rules.
8. To make satisfactory progress in a calendar year a student must pass units to a value of at least half the total value of units in which they remain enrolled after the final date for withdrawal without academic penalty.
9. A student who has not achieved a result of Ungraded Pass (UP) for the ACE module when their progress status is assessed will not have made satisfactory progress even if they have met the other requirements for satisfactory progress in Rule 8.
10. Students who fail to make satisfactory progress under Rule 8 are assigned a progress status of 'Excluded' by the Faculty unless the Faculty determines otherwise in light of exceptional circumstances.
11. A student who does not make satisfactory progress in terms of Rule 9 is assigned the progress status of 'On Probation', unless they have been assigned a progress status of 'Suspended' or 'Excluded' for failure to meet other satisfactory progress requirements in Rule 8.
Award with distinction
13. The Faculty, on the recommendation of the Head of the School of Anatomy, Physiology and Human Biology, may grant credit towards the course up to a value of 48 points at Level 4 or higher to an applicant who has completed—