Applicability of the Student Rules, policies and procedures
1.(1) The Student Rules apply to students in this course.
Academic Conduct Essentials module
2.(1) Except as stated in (2), a student who enrols in this course for the first time irrespective of whether they have previously been enrolled in another course of the University, must undertake the Academic Conduct Essentials module (the ACE module).
English Language competency requirements
3. To be considered eligible for consideration for admission to this course an applicant must satisfy the University's English language competence requirement as set out in the University Policy on Admission: Coursework.
b) may receive admission credit of up to 24 credit points for prior study in a relevant discipline.
Admission ranking and selection
(2) Units must be selected in accordance with the course structure, as set out in these rules.
(2) For the dissertation component of the higher degree by research preliminary course the relevant board determines whether satisfactory progress has been made having regard to the report of the student's supervisor.
8. A student who has not achieved a result of Ungraded Pass (UP) for the ACE module when their progress status is assessed will not have made satisfactory progress even if they have met the other requirements for satisfactory progress in Rule 7.
10. A student who does not make satisfactory progress in terms of Rule 8 is assigned the progress status of 'On Probation', unless they have been assigned a progress status of 'Suspended' or 'Excluded' for failure to meet other satisfactory progress requirements in Rule 7.
Progression to HDR
11. For progression from a HDR Preliminary course into a HDR course administered by the Graduate Research School or a faculty, a student must have successfully produced a research output with a mark of at least —