Note: This course is not available in 2020.
Applicability of the Student Rules, policies and procedures
1.(1) The Student Rules apply to students in this course.
(2) The policy, policy statements and guidance documents and student procedures apply, except as otherwise indicated in the rules for this course.
Academic Conduct Essentials module
2.(1) Except as stated in (2), a student who enrols in this course for the first time irrespective of whether they have previously been enrolled in another course of the University, must undertake the Academic Conduct Essentials module (the ACE module).
(2) A student who has previously achieved a result of Ungraded Pass (UP) for the ACE module is not required to repeat the module.
English Language competency requirements
3. To be considered eligible for consideration for admission to this course an applicant must satisfy the University's English language competence requirement as set out in the University Policy on Admission: Coursework.
4. To be considered for admission to this course an applicant must have—
(a) (i) a bachelor's degree in dentistry, or an equivalent qualification, as recognised by UWA; and
(ii) passed the first examination from the Australian Dental Council (ADC), unless the applicant is from a country which is exempt from the ADC examinations;
(b) a level and duration of education and professional experience considered by UWA to be sufficient to permit satisfactory completion of the course.
Admission ranking and selection
5. Where relevant, admission will be awarded to the highest ranked applicants or applicants selected based on the relevant requirements.
Articulations and exit awards
6. This course does not form part of an articulated sequence.
7.(1) The course consists of units to a total value of 48 points.
(2) Units must be selected in accordance with the course structure, as set out in these rules.
8. A student will not have made satisfactory progress if they—
(a) fail a unit twice;
(b) fail more than two units at the first attempt.
[Approved exceptions to University Policy]
9. A student who has not achieved a result of Ungraded Pass (UP) for the ACE module when their progress status is assessed will not have made satisfactory progress even if they have met the other requirements for satisfactory progress in Rule 8.
10. Students who do not make satisfactory progress under Rule 8 are assigned a progress status of 'Excluded' by the Faculty.
11. A student who does not make satisfactory progress in terms of Rule 9 is assigned the progress status of 'On Probation', unless they have been assigned a progress status of 'Suspended' or 'Excluded' for failure to meet other satisfactory progress requirements in Rule 8.
Award with distinction
12. This rule is not applicable to this course.
13. The time limit is three years from the date of first enrolment in the course.
[Approved exception to University Policy]
14. A student must enrol in at least one unit in each semester unless the Faculty permits otherwise in recognition of exceptional circumstances.