Applicability of the Student Rules, policies and procedures
1.(1) The http://handbooks.uwa.edu.au/postgraduate/student-procedures'>student procedures apply, except as otherwise indicated in the rules for this course.
Academic Conduct Essentials module
2.(1) Except as stated in (2), a student who enrols in this course for the first time irrespective of whether they have previously been enrolled in another course of the University, must undertake the Academic Conduct Essentials module (the ACE module).
English Language competency requirements
3. To be considered eligible for consideration for admission to this course an applicant must satisfy the University's English language competence requirement as set out in the http://www.governance.uwa.edu.au/procedures/policies/policies-and-procedures?method=document&id=UP16/5'>University Policy on Admission: Coursework.
(f) written agreement by a suitable academic on the UWA Supervisor Register as Coordinating Supervisor to supervise the project, and written approval from their Head of School or Head of Division, and
(g) if (e) and (f) are the same person, written agreement by a suitable academic on the UWA Supervisor Register to co-supervise the project, and written agreement by their Head of School, Head of Division.
Admission ranking and selection
(2) Units must be selected in accordance with the course structure, as set out in these rules.
7.(1) To make satisfactory progress in a calendar year a student must pass units to a value of at least half the total value of units in which they remain enrolled after the final date for withdrawal without academic penalty.
(3) For the dissertation component of the higher degree by research preliminary course the relevant board determines whether satisfactory progress has been made, having regard to the report of the student's Coordinating supervisor.
8. A student who has not achieved a result of Ungraded Pass (UP) for the ACE module when their progress status is assessed will not have made satisfactory progress even if they have met the other requirements for satisfactory progress in Rule 7.
10. A student who does not make satisfactory progress in terms of Rule 8 is assigned the progress status of 'On Probation', unless they have been assigned a progress status of 'Suspended' or 'Excluded' for failure to meet other satisfactory progress requirements in Rule 7.
Progression to HDR
(b)Coordinating Supervisor who is primarily responsible for the academic management of the student's program of candidature and ensuring that all administrative and reporting requirements of the supervision are met,
and if (a) and (b) are the same person - Principal and Coordinating Supervisor —
14. Coursework units should be chosen according to the sequence rules. Relevant units at levels 1 to 3 may be included, chosen in consultation with the Course Coordinator and the supervisors, if relevant postgraduate units are unavailable.