Applicability of the Student Rules, policies and procedures
1.(1) The Student Rules apply to students in this course.
(2) The policy, policy statements and guidance documents and student procedures apply, except as otherwise indicated in the rules for this course.
Academic Conduct Essentials module
2.(1) Except as stated in (2), a student who enrols in this course for the first time irrespective of whether they have previously been enrolled in another course of the University, must undertake the Academic Conduct Essentials module (the ACE module).
(2) A student who has previously achieved a result of Ungraded Pass (UP) for the ACE module is not required to repeat the module.
3. To be considered for admission to this course an applicant must—
(a) be of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent and aged 20 years or older on 1 March in the year of entry to the course;
(i) formal prior educational achievement in primary health care at Australian Qualifications Framework Level 4 or above, or equivalent as recognised by the Faculty; and
(ii) at least two years' work experience in a health field, or equivalent, at a level approved by the Faculty on the recommendation of the Director of the Centre for Aboriginal Medical and Dental Health; and
(iii) successfully completed a written assessment and interview conducted by the Centre for Aboriginal Medical and Dental Health.
4.(1) The course consists of units to a total value of 72 points.
(2) Units must be selected in accordance with the course structure, as set out in these rules.
5.(1) To make satisfactory progress in a calendar year a student must pass units to a value of at least half the total value of units in which they remain enrolled after the final date for withdrawal without academic penalty.
(2) A student who has not achieved a result of Ungraded Pass (UP) for the ACE module when their progress status is assessed will not have made satisfactory progress.
6.(1) Unless the Faculty determines otherwise because of exceptional circumstances—
(a) a student who fails to make satisfactory progress for the first time under Rule 5.(1) is assigned the progress status of 'Suspended' by the Faculty;
(b) a student who fails to make satisfactory progress for a second time under Rule 5.(1) is assigned the progress status of 'Excluded' by the Faculty;
(c) a student who fails to make satisfactory progress under Rule 5.(2) is assigned the progress status of 'On Probation' by the Faculty unless they have been assigned the progress status of 'Suspended' or 'Excluded' for failure to make satisfactory progress under Rule 5.(1).