Master of School Leadership (coursework)
The Master of School Leadership is available to already qualified teachers as preparation for leadership positions, especially the principalship.
Note: This course is only available to re-enrolling students.
|Key to availability of units:|
|S1 = Semester 1; N/A = not available in 2019; NS = non-standard teaching period|
All units have a value of six points unless otherwise stated.
Note: Units that are indicated as N/A may be available in 2020 or 2021.
Take all units (24 points):
|N/A||EDUC5642||Leading Teaching and Learning|
|N/A||EDUC5643||Leading Assessment and Accountability|
|NS||EDUC5644||Leading the Aligned School|
|N/A||EDUC5645||Leading Curriculum Innovation|
Take unit(s) to the value of 24 points:
|NS||EDUC5519||Contemporary Reforms in Early Childhood Education and Care|
|NS||EDUC5608||Integrating Pedagogy and Technology|
|NS||EDUC5631||Approaches to Research|
|NS||EDUC5639||Childhood and Adolescent Developmental Psychopathology|
|NS||EDUC5658||Education Policy Trends: Global to Local|
|NS||SWSP5611||Indigenous Policy and Practice|
Applicability of the Student Rules, policies and procedures
1.(1) The http://handbooks.uwa.edu.au/postgraduate/student-procedures'>student procedures apply, except as otherwise indicated in the rules for this course.
Academic Conduct Essentials module
2.(1) Except as stated in (2), a student who enrols in this course for the first time irrespective of whether they have previously been enrolled in another course of the University, must undertake the Academic Conduct Essentials module (the ACE module).
English Language competency requirements
3. To be considered eligible for consideration for admission to this course an applicant must satisfy the University's English language competence requirement as set out in the University Policy on Admission: Coursework.
Admission ranking and selection
Articulations and exit awards
- 30240 Graduate Diploma in Educational Leadership (articulated) (24 points)
- 32520 Master of School Leadership (48 points)
(2) A student who withdraws from the Master of School Leadership course before completing it, but after fulfilling the requirements of a lesser award in the above sequence, may apply for the relevant award.
(2) Units must be selected in accordance with the course structure, as set out in these rules.
8. To make satisfactory progress in a calendar year a student must pass units to a value of at least half the total value of units in which they remain enrolled after the final date for withdrawal without academic penalty.
9. A student who has not achieved a result of Ungraded Pass (UP) for the ACE module when their progress status is assessed will not have made satisfactory progress even if they have met the other requirements for satisfactory progress in Rule 8.
11. A student who does not make satisfactory progress in terms of Rule 9 is assigned the progress status of 'On Probation', unless they have been assigned a progress status of 'Suspended' or 'Excluded' for failure to meet other satisfactory progress requirements in Rule 8.