Graduate Certificate in Science
This Graduate Certificate provides an introduction to students to a broad range of fields in Science and may provide a pathway to further studies in:
Master of Agricultural Science
Note: This course is only available to re-enrolling students.
Take 24 points as directed by the Faculty
Crop and Livestock Farming Systems
Genetics and Breeding
Soil Science and Plant Nutrition:
Note: Select one of the specialisations above. Students will be be advised to enrol in a unit set that aligns with the specialisation selected. The unit set will align with units offered the Master of Agricultural Science.
Applicability of the Student Rules, policies and procedures
1.(1) The Student Rules apply to students in this course.
Academic Conduct Essentials and Communication and Research Skills modules
2.(1) Except as stated in (2), a student who enrols in this course for the first time irrespective of whether they have previously been enrolled in another course of the University, must undertake the Academic Conduct Essentials module (the ACE module).
English Language competency requirements
3. To be considered eligible for consideration for admission to this course an applicant must satisfy the University's English language competence requirement as set out in the University Policy on Admission: Coursework.
Admission ranking and selection
Articulations and exit awards
(2) Units must be selected in accordance with the course structure, as set out in these rules.
8. To make satisfactory progress in a calendar year a student must pass units to a value of at least half the total value of units in which they remain enrolled after the final date for withdrawal without academic penalty.
9. A student who has not achieved a result of Ungraded Pass (UP) for the Communication and Research Skills module (the CARS module) when their progress status is assessed will not have made satisfactory progress even if they have met the other requirements for satisfactory progress in Rule 8.
11. A student who does not make satisfactory progress in terms of Rule 9 is assigned the progress status of 'On Probation', unless they have been assigned a progress status of 'Suspended' or 'Excluded' for failure to meet other satisfactory progress requirements in Rule 8.