Bachelor of Environmental Design (BP011)
The information contained in this course overview is intended only as a guide and is not part of the rules for this course. For further information (including links to unit details) consult the rules for this course and the Student Rules.
- Award abbreviation
- Course type
- undergraduate course
- not available in 2020
- Intake periods
- beginning of year and mid-year
- Admission requirements
- Minimum ATAR Threshold is 75. The ATAR Subject Prerequisites are Nil.
- Administered by
- Faculty of Arts, Business, Law and Education; Graduate Research School
- Credit points required
- 144 points
A standard full-time load is 24 points per semester.
- About this course
- The background to this proposal is as follows:
1. This degree addresses the loss of a coherent learning pathway for students undertaking majors in Architecture and Landscape Architecture following the decision to rescind the Bachelor of Design in 2015.
2. There has been an ongoing misalignment of the learning outcomes and industry expectations of the majors in Architecture and Landscape Architecture with those of the broader Bachelor of Arts.
3. The need to withdraw the undergraduate components of the Geography/Human Geography and Planning programs from Planning Institute of Australia accreditation due to the inability to address key learning outcomes under the generic degree structure.
4. The need for clearer pathways to professional accredited degrees, notably the Master of Architecture, Master of Landscape Architecture, the Master of Urban Design, the Master of Urban and Regional Planning and the Master of Environmental Planning.
5. At present, the majors in Architecture and Landscape Architecture lack visibility within the profession and for potential students. A similar situation exists for students interested in planning, who at present have a component of a major within Arts (Human Geography and Planning).
- 144 points comprising 24 six-point units. Students normally take eight units each year, four in each semester.
- Available to international students
- Yes. For information on international student fees see 'Schedule 2: Fees'. (Enquiries: http://www.uwa.edu.au/askuwa)
- Attendance type
- full- or part-time (Student visa holders should read Education Services for Overseas Students Act 2000 for more information.)
- Delivery mode
- Standard full-time completion
- 3 years
- Standard part-time completion
- 6 years (maximum 10 years)
- Locations offered
- UWA (Perth)
- Domestic fee type
- Commonwealth supported and/or HECS-HELP
- Majors available
- (1) MJD-ARCTA Architecture A
(2) MJS-ARCTB Architecture B
(3) MJD-LDARC Landscape Architecture
(4) MJD-ENGEO Environmental Geography and Planning
- Visit the fees calculator.