Bachelor of Music (BP008)
The information contained in this course overview is intended only as a guide and is not part of the rules for this course. For further information (including links to unit details) consult the rules for this course and the Student Rules.
- Award abbreviation
- Course type
- undergraduate course
- not available in 2020
- Intake periods
- beginning of year and mid-year
- Admission requirements
- Minimum ATAR Threshold is 75. The ATAR Subject Prerequisites are NIL ATAR subject prerequisites.
Must complete a successful audition and interview with Conservatorium staff.
- Administered by
- Faculty of Arts, Business, Law and Education; Graduate Research School
- About this course
- The Bachelor of Music (a double major in Music) is an advanced, practical degree offering specialisations for composers, electronic musicians, musicologists, and performers. It also prepares students for progression to the MTeach program, as it embeds skills required for accreditation by the TRBWA.
The Bachelor of Music replaces the concurrent majors of Music Studies and Music Specialist Studies. While the majority of the units under a BMus will remain unchanged, the new BMus allows for inclusion of new specialisations (e.g. Music Technology, Musicology) and more structured capstone experiences in all specialisations.
The degree employs the internationally recognised "Bachelor of Music" (BMus) nomenclature, is more easily recognisable as a music degree internationally, and is a superior option for students wishing to progress to postgraduate studies, education, and working within the direct and allied professions of music.
- 144 points comprising 24 six-point units. Students normally take eight units each year, four in each semester.
- Available to international students
- Yes. For information on international student fees see 'Schedule 2: Fees'. (Enquiries: https://www.uwa.edu.au/askuwa)
- Attendance type
- full- or part-time (Student visa holders should read Education Services for Overseas Students Act 2000 for more information.)
- Delivery mode
- Standard full-time completion
- 3 years
- Standard part-time completion
- 6 years (maximum 10 years)
- Locations offered
- UWA (Perth)
- Domestic fee type
- Commonwealth supported and/or HECS-HELP
- Majors available
- MJD-MUSDM Music Double Major
- Visit the fees calculator.