UWA's admission requirements for some postgraduate courses have changed for Semester 2, 2020 to facilitate student access to study during the COVID-19 situation. In many cases, these changes may not be extended beyond 2020. Contact Future Students for more information.
Graduate Certificate in Science
This Graduate Certificate provides an introduction to students to a broad range of fields in Science and may provide a pathway to further studies in:
Master of Agricultural Science
- Course title
- Graduate Certificate in Science
- Award abbreviation
- Course code
- Course type
- postgraduate certificate
- current / 2020
- Administered by
- Faculty of Science
- Intake periods
- Mid-year only
- Attendance type
- full-time only
- Credit points required
A standard full-time load is 24 points per semester.
- Standard course duration
- .5 years
- Time limit
- .5 years
- Delivery mode
- Locations offered
- UWA (Perth)
- Domestic fee type
- Commonwealth supported and/or HECS-HELP
- Visit the fees calculator.
Prospective students should see the Future Students website for details on admission requirements, intake periods, fees, availability to international students, careers information etc.
Take 24 points as directed by the Faculty
Crop and Livestock Farming Systems
Genetics and Breeding
Soil Science and Plant Nutrition:
Note: Select one of the specialisations above. Students will be be advised to enrol in a unit set that aligns with the specialisation selected. The unit set will align with units offered the Master of Agricultural Science.
Applicability of the Student Rules, policies and procedures
1.(1) The Student Rules apply to students in this course.
Academic Conduct Essentials module
2.(1) Except as stated in (2), a student who enrols in this course for the first time irrespective of whether they have previously been enrolled in another course of the University, must undertake the Academic Conduct Essentials module (the ACE module).
English Language competency requirements
3. To be considered eligible for consideration for admission to this course an applicant must satisfy the University's English language competence requirement as set out in the University Policy on Admission: Coursework.
Admission ranking and selection
Articulations and exit awards
(2) Units must be selected in accordance with the course structure, as set out in these rules.
8. To make satisfactory progress in a calendar year a student must pass units to a value of at least half the total value of units in which they remain enrolled after the final date for withdrawal without academic penalty.
9. A student who has not achieved a result of Ungraded Pass (UP) for the ACE module when their progress status is assessed will not have made satisfactory progress even if they have met the other requirements for satisfactory progress in Rule 8.
11. A student who does not make satisfactory progress in terms of Rule 9 is assigned the progress status of 'On Probation', unless they have been assigned a progress status of 'Suspended' or 'Excluded' for failure to meet other satisfactory progress requirements in Rule 8.