Graduate Certificate in Finance
This course may be taken as a stand-alone course or as a pathway into the Master of Applied Finance or Master of Commerce. The Graduate Certificate in Finance is a foundational course for students wishing to advance their knowledge of applied finance.
- Course title
- Graduate Certificate in Finance
- Award abbreviation
- Course code
- Course type
- postgraduate certificate
- current / 2019
- Administered by
- Faculty of Arts, Business, Law and Education
- CRICOS code
- Intake periods
- Beginning of year and mid-year
- Attendance type
- full- or part-time (Student visa holders should read Education Services for Overseas Students Act 2000 for more information.)
- Credit points required
A standard full-time load is 24 points per semester.
- Standard course duration
- 6 months
- Time limit
- 2 years
- Delivery mode
- Locations offered
- UWA (Perth)
- Domestic fee type
- Postgraduate fee-paying/FEE-HELP
- Course Coordinator(s)
- Dr Lee Smales
- Visit the fees calculator.
Prospective students should see the Future Students website for details on admission requirements, intake periods, fees, availability to international students, careers information etc.
|Key to availability of units:|
|S1 = Semester 1; S2 = Semester 2|
All units have a value of six points unless otherwise stated.
Take all units (24 points):
Note: Part-time students must commence their studies with FINA5533 Finance Essentials.
|S1, S2||FINA5523||Financial Statement Analysis and Business Valuation|
|S1, S2||FINA5533||Finance Essentials|
|S1, S2||FINA5631||International Financial Analysis|
Applicability of the Student Rules, policies and procedures
1.(1) The http://handbooks.uwa.edu.au/postgraduate/student-procedures'>student procedures apply, except as otherwise indicated in the rules for this course.
Academic Conduct Essentials module
2.(1) Except as stated in (2), a student who enrols in this course for the first time irrespective of whether they have previously been enrolled in another course of the University, must undertake the Academic Conduct Essentials module (the ACE module).
English Language competency requirements
3. To be considered eligible for consideration for admission to this course an applicant must satisfy the University's English language competence requirement as set out in the University Policy on Admission: Coursework.
(c) at least five years of relevant, documented professional experience considered by UWA (following an interview and assessment process) to be sufficient to permit satisfactory completion of the course.*
*including an Introductory Financial Accounting unit or equivalent
Admission ranking and selection
Articulations and exit awards
- 41250 Graduate Certificate in Finance (24 points)
- 41680 Master of Commerce (96 points)
- 42560 Master of Applied Finance (96 points)
(2) Units must be selected in accordance with the course structure, as set out in these rules.
8. To make satisfactory progress in a calendar year a student must pass units to a value of at least half the total value of units in which they remain enrolled after the final date for withdrawal without academic penalty.
9. A student who has not achieved a result of Ungraded Pass (UP) for the ACE module when their progress status is assessed will not have made satisfactory progress even if they have met the other requirements for satisfactory progress in Rule 8.
11. A student who does not make satisfactory progress in terms of Rule 9 is assigned the progress status of 'On Probation', unless they have been assigned a progress status of 'Suspended' or 'Excluded' for failure to meet other satisfactory progress requirements in Rule 8.