Students who commenced their course before 2012 should consult the rules below.
18.104.22.168(1) Prerequisites for units are set out under ‘Unit details’.
(2) Unless the Faculty approves otherwise, students are not permitted to enrol in units unless they have completed the necessary prerequisite unit(s) within the previous seven years.
Academic Conduct Essentials module
22.214.171.124A(1) Except as stated in (2), a student who enrols in a course of the University for the first time, irrespective of whether they have previously been enrolled in another course of the University, must undertake a module called Academic Conduct Essentials (the ACE module) in the teaching period in which they are first enrolled.
(2) A student who has previously achieved a result of Ungraded Pass (UP) for the ACE module is not required to repeat the module.
(3) A student who has not achieved a result of Ungraded Pass (UP) for the ACE module when their progress is assessed will not have made satisfactory progress even if they have met the other requirements for satisfactory progress in the rules for the course.
(4) A student who fails to make satisfactory progress in terms of (3) is assigned a progress status of 'On Probation' unless they have been assigned a progress status of 'Suspended' or 'Excluded' for failure to meet the other requirements for satisfactory progress set out in the rules for the course.
126.96.36.199(1) Subject to (2) and (3) to make satisfactory progress in a calendar year a student must pass units to a value of at least half the total value of units in which they remain enrolled after the final date for withdrawal without academic penalty.
(2) Students who remain enrolled in a Design unit after the final date for withdrawal without academic penalty in two or more teaching periods in a calendar year must pass at least one of those Design units.
(3) Students who fail the same Design unit twice will not have made satisfactory progress.
[(2) and (3) are approved additions to University Policy]
(a) when a student fails to make satisfactory progress for the first time, a progress status of 'Suspended' is assigned;
(b) when a student fails to make satisfactory progress for the second time, a progress status of ‘Excluded’ is assigned.