Students who commenced their course before 2012 should consult the rules below.
Applicability of the Student Rules, policies and procedures220.127.116.11(1) The Student Rules apply to students in this course.
Course structure18.104.22.168 The course consists of units to a total value of 192 points comprising—
(a) all units in Table 2.2.7a (Bachelor of Landscape Architecture pass degree core units)—180 points
(b) one unit from Group A in Table 2.2.7b (Bachelor of Landscape Architecture pass degree options)—6 points
(c) one unit from Group B in Table 2.2.7b (Bachelor of Landscape Architecture pass degree options)—6 points
(d) professional work experience as set out in Rule 22.214.171.124.
Prerequisites126.96.36.199 Unless the Faculty permits otherwise in exceptional circumstances, a student—
(a) must complete all requirements of a level before being permitted to enrol in any Design units of a higher level;
(b) must not take any Level 3 unit of the course without having successfully completed all Level 1 requirements;
(c) must not take any Level 4 unit of the course without having successfully completed all Level 2 requirements.
Professional work experience188.8.131.52(1) Before qualifying for the degree, a student must have completed at least 16 weeks of full-time, or the equivalent part-time, professional work experience considered appropriate by the Faculty.
(2) Of the period of professional work experience required, students must complete at least four weeks full-time, or the part-time equivalent, prior to commencing the final 48 points of study in the Bachelor of Landscape Architecture.
(3) Of the period of professional work experience required, students must complete at least eight weeks full-time, or the part-time equivalent, under the supervision of a registered landscape architect.
(4) Any professional work experience gained must be for a minimum period of four consecutive weeks with one employer.
(5) Students must make their own arrangements for professional work experience with advice from the Associate Dean.
(6) Students must provide proof of their professional work experience in accordance with the guidelines available from the Faculty.
(7) The Faculty may waive or vary the requirement for professional work experience if it is satisfied that the conditions of (1) to (6) cannot be met.
Time limit184.108.40.206(1) Unless the Faculty approves an extension, the time limit is eight years from the beginning of the semester in which the first unit is credited towards the degree.
[Approved exception to University Policy]
(2) Where a student is permitted to credit a unit or units from a completed degree course, the credit dates from the year of first enrolment in the course for the degree of Bachelor of Landscape Architecture.
(3) Where a student is permitted to credit a unit or units from an incomplete degree course, the credit dates from the year in which the unit or units concerned were passed.
Admission220.127.116.11(1) The admission requirements are—
(a) completion of the Level 1, 2 and 3 requirements for the degree of Bachelor of Landscape Architecture from this University with an average weighted mark of at least 65 per cent;
(b)(i) for students who intend to pursue the Landscape Honours Dissertation option, a mark of at least 70 per cent in LACH3320 Landscape Theory: Culture of Nature and completion of LACH4420 Research in Landscape Architecture at a sufficiently high level; or
(ii) for students who intend to pursue the Landscape Honours Studio option, a mark of at least 70 per cent in each of LACH3301 Landscape Urban Studio and LACH3302 Landscape Garden Studio and completion of LACH4420 Research in Landscape Architecture at a sufficiently high level;
(c) for students who intend to pursue the Landscape Honours Studio option, completion of LACH4401 Landscape Detail Studio at a sufficiently high level.
(2) A student who has obtained a fail grade for any Level 3 or 4 unit will not be considered for the award of honours.
(3) In exceptional circumstances, the Faculty may permit a student who does not meet the requirements set out in (1) and (2) to study for the degree with honours.
Course structure18.104.22.168(1) The course consists of the course for the pass degree as set out in Rule 22.214.171.124 but including either—
(a) LACH4402 Landscape Honours Studio instead of LACH4403 Landscape Design Studio;
(b) LACH7721 Landscape Honours Dissertation instead of the unit required under Rule 126.96.36.199(c).
(2) Students are permitted to complete both LACH4402 Landscape Honours Studio and LACH7721 Landscape Honours Dissertation as part of their honours course if they have satisfied the appropriate admission requirements for those units.
Grade of honours188.8.131.52 The grade of honours to be awarded is determined on the basis of a student’s performance in the course in accordance with the Faculty’s honours policy.
Submission dates184.108.40.206(1) Unless the Faculty permits otherwise, the dissertation required for LACH7721 Landscape Honours Dissertation must be submitted no later than two weeks prior to the last day of the last teaching week of the semester in which it is to be completed.
(2) Unless the Faculty permits otherwise, the work for LACH4402 Landscape Honours Studio must be submitted no later than the last teaching day of the semester in which it is to be completed.