Students who commenced their course before 2012 should consult the rules below.
(2) A student may, with the approval of the Faculty in exceptional circumstances, enrol in a Level 2 or 3 unit without having completed the normal prerequisite(s).
Academic Conduct Essentials module
126.96.36.199A(1) Except as stated in (2), a student who enrols in a course of the University for the first time, irrespective of whether they have previously been enrolled in another course of the University, must undertake a module called Academic Conduct Essentials (the ACE module) in the teaching period in which they are first enrolled.
(2) A student who has previously achieved a result of Ungraded Pass (UP) for the ACE module is not required to repeat the module.
(3) A student who has not achieved a result of Ungraded Pass (UP) for the ACE module when their progress is assessed will not have made satisfactory progress even if they have met the other requirements for satisfactory progress in the rules for the course.
(4) A student who fails to make satisfactory progress in terms of (3) is assigned a progress status of 'On Probation' unless they have been assigned a progress status of 'Suspended' or 'Excluded' for failure to meet the other requirements for satisfactory progress set out in the rules for the course.
Units from other courses offered in the University or from other Faculties
(2) The Faculty may permit a student to include in their course Level 2 and 3 units up to the value of 24 points offered in another course in the Faculty or offered by another faculty in the University.
Course structure for students who have previously completed a degree
(a) must not have formed part of the course for any degree for which the student has already qualified;
(b) must have a total points value of at least half that usually required for the course;
(c) must include units of a level higher than Level 1 to a total value of at least 60 points.
Time limit on credit
188.8.131.52 Credit granted towards an undergraduate degree course for a unit or units from either a previously completed course or an incomplete course will date from the year in which the unit or units concerned were passed.
[Approved addition to University Policy]
(2) A special unit may—
(a) be made up of elements of approved units in a subject area;
(b) cover topics within the subject area but not usually taught.1
1 For example, a unit offered by a visiting academic.
184.108.40.206 To make satisfactory progress in a calendar year a student must pass units to a value of at least half the total value of units in which they remain enrolled after the final date for withdrawal without academic penalty.
(2) Unless the Faculty determines otherwise in exceptional circumstances a student who fails to make satisfactory progress and has been enrolled at the University for more than two semesters is assigned a progress status of 'Suspended' by the Faculty.
(3) Unless the Faculty determines otherwise in exceptional circumstances a student who has previously been allocated a progress status of 'Suspended' and fails again to make satisfactory progress is assigned a progress status of 'Excluded' by the Faculty.
(2) The Faculty may permit a student to take an overload greater than 12.5 per cent in a year in exceptional circumstances.
(3) The Faculty may permit a student in a combined course to take an overload greater than 25 per cent in a semester in exceptional circumstances.