Students who commenced their course before 2012 should consult the rules below.
Note: This course is only available to re-enrolling students.
Applicability of the Student Rules, policies and procedures
126.96.36.199(1) The Student Rules apply to students in this course.
(a) Level 1 core units, options and electives to the value of 48 points;
(b) at least one major to a minimum value of 36 points;
(c) units to make up the remaining number of points required for the course which may include an additional major or majors offered by the Faculty or by another faculty, and may include one or more minors.
(2) Students must complete—
(a) the Level 1 core units, options and electives in accordance with Rule 188.8.131.52—48 points
(c) units to make up the remaining number of points required for the course chosen from—
the Level 2 and 3 units in Table 4.2.2u (Level 2 and 3 units offered by the Faculty); or
(3) Students may only undertake 150 points where the final six points accommodate a unit required to complete a major.
(4) Students who have not obtained a minimum scaled score of 50 in WACE Mathematics 3A/3B, WACE Mathematics 3C/3D, TEE subjects Applicable Mathematics or Calculus, or equivalent, must include ECON1111 Quantitative Methods for Business and Economics as one of their Level 1 options.
(5) Students must nominate their chosen major(s) when enrolling in units of a level higher than Level 1.
(a) units up to the value of 12 points in the chosen major; and
(b) a unit to the value of six points in the chosen minor.
[Approved exception to University Policy]
(2) The Faculty may permit or require students to substitute Level 1 units up to a total value of 12 points for Level 2 units of the same points value for the purposes of professional accreditation, or to complete the prerequisites for an additional major or to meet the course requirements.
[Approved addition to University Policy]
Course structure for students who have previously completed a degree
184.108.40.206 The course for students who have been granted credit on the basis of a previously completed degree comprises units to a total value of at least 72 points of which at least 60 points must be from units of a level higher than Level 1.
220.127.116.11(1) Prerequisites for units are set out under 'Unit details'.
(2) Unless the Faculty approves otherwise on academic grounds, students are not permitted to enrol in a unit unless they have completed the necessary prerequisite unit(s) within the previous five years.
(3) The Faculty may permit a student to enrol concurrently in Level 1 and Level 2 or 3 units but will not do so unless—
(a) the student is enrolled in sufficient Level 1 units to permit them to complete all of the remaining Level 1 requirements in that year of enrolment; or
(b) the student is required to complete Level 2 unit(s) as a prerequisite to further studies in the areas of mathematics or modern languages.
(4) Unless the Faculty permits otherwise in exceptional circumstances, students who are enrolled concurrently in Level 1 and Level 2 or 3 units are not permitted to withdraw from the Level 1 unit(s) while retaining enrolment in the Level 2 or 3 units.
(5) Prerequisites for majors and minors offered by the Faculty are set out in the Faculty Rules for the major or minor concerned.
(6) Unless the Faculty approves otherwise, students are not permitted to commence a major or minor offered by the Faculty unless they have completed the necessary prerequisite unit(s) within the previous five years.
(a) in a calendar year, they do not pass units to a value of at least half the total value of units in which they remain enrolled after the final date for withdrawal without academic penalty; or
(b) they have failed the same unit for the third time.
(2) In determining whether or not a student has made satisfactory progress in terms of (1)(b), units attempted through University Extension are not taken into account.
[(1)(b) and (2) are approved additions to University Policy]
(2) Students who fail to make satisfactory progress under Rule 18.104.22.168(1)(a) for the first time are assigned the progress status of ‘Suspended’ by the Faculty.
(3) Students who fail to make satisfactory progress under Rule 22.214.171.124(1)(a) for the second time are assigned the progress status of ‘Excluded’.
(4) Students who fail to make satisfactory progress under Rule 126.96.36.199(1)(b) for the first time are assigned the progress status of ‘Suspended’ by the Faculty.
(5) Students referred to in (4) who are permitted to re-enrol and who—
(a) subsequently fail the unit for a fourth time; or
(b) fail another unit for the third time,
are assigned the progress status of ‘Excluded’ by the Faculty.