Students who commenced their course before 2012 should consult the rules below.
Note: This course is only available to re-enrolling students.
Applicability of the Student Rules, policies and procedures
1.(1) The Student Rules apply to students in this course.
Academic Conduct Essentials module
1.A(1) Except as stated in (2), a student who enrols in this course for the first time irrespective of whether they have previously been enrolled in another course of the University, must undertake the Academic Conduct Essentials module (the ACE module).
(2) A student who has previously achieved a result of Ungraded Pass (UP) for the ACE module is not required to repeat the module.
(3) A student who has not achieved a result of Ungraded Pass (UP) for the ACE module when their progress status is assessed will not have made satisfactory progress even if they have met the other requirements for satisfactory progress in the rules for this course.
(4) A student who does not make satisfactory progress in terms of (3) is assigned the progress status of 'On Probation'.
(a) the degree of Bachelor of Engineering of this University in a relevant discipline area completed with a weighted average mark of at least 55 per cent, or equivalent as recognised by the Faculty;
(b) a bachelor's degree of this University in a relevant discipline area completed with a weighted average mark of at least 55 per cent, or equivalent as recognised by the Faculty;
(c) a level of education and a duration and level of relevant professional experience in the oil and gas industry which, in the opinion of the Faculty, would permit the applicant to complete the course satisfactorily.
4. The course comprises units to a total value of 48 points as approved by the School of Mechanical and Chemical Engineering from those listed in Table a (Master of Oil and Gas Engineering options) provided that no more than 24 points come from units of Level 4 or below.
(a) fail units to the value of more than 12 points in a calendar year; or
(b) fail the same unit twice.
[Approved exception to University Policy]
(a) when a student, other than one described in (b), fails to make satisfactory progress under Rule 5, a progress status of 'Suspended' is assigned by the Faculty;
(b) when a student who is enrolled for the first time in a postgraduate course at this University fails to make satisfactory progress under Rule 5, a progress status of 'On Probation' is assigned if the student has—
(i) commenced mid-year; or
(ii)A. not failed units to a value greater than 18 points in their first year; and
B. not failed units to a value greater than 6 points in their second semester; and
C. gained a weighted average of at least 30 per cent in the units in which they remain enrolled after the final date for withdrawal without academic penalty.
Award of Graduate Certificate in Oil and Gas Engineering
7. A student who withdraws from the course before completing the course requirements, but after completing units to the value of at least 24 points towards the course, may apply to the Faculty to be awarded the Graduate Certificate in Oil and Gas Engineering.