Students who commenced their course before 2012 should consult the rules below.
Note: This course is not available to commencing students in 2014.
Applicability of the Student Rules, policies and procedures1.(1) The Student Rules in the Student Procedures, Rules and Policies section apply to students in this course.
(2) The policies and procedures in the Student Procedures, Rules and Policies section apply except as otherwise indicated in the rules for this course.
Academic Conduct Essentials module2.(1) Except as stated in (2), a student who enrols in this course for the first time irrespective of whether they have previously been enrolled in another course of the University, must undertake the Academic Conduct Essentials module (the ACE module).
(2) A student who has previously achieved a result of Ungraded Pass (UP) for the ACE module is not required to repeat the module.
(3) A student who has not achieved a result of Ungraded Pass (UP) for the ACE module when their progress status is assessed will not have made satisfactory progress even if they have met the other requirements for satisfactory progress in the rules for this course.
(4) A student who does not make satisfactory progress in terms of (3) is assigned the progress status of 'On Probation', unless they have been assigned a progress status of 'Suspended' or 'Excluded' for failure to meet other satisfactory progress requirements set out in these rules.
Admission3. To be considered for admission to this course an applicant must have—
(a) a bachelor's degree of this University or equivalent as recognised by the Faculty;
(b)(i) at least two years of relevant, documented, professional experience as recognised by the Faculty; or
(ii) the Graduate Certificate in Executive Engineering of this University or equivalent as recognised by the Faculty.
Articulation4. The Graduate Certificate in Executive Engineering articulates with this course.
Course structure5.(1) The course consists of units to a total value of 72 points which must include course core units and units comprising the following specialisation:
- Oil and Gas Engineering
(2) Units must be selected in accordance with the course structure, as set out in these rules.
Satisfactory progress6. Subject to Rule 2(3), to make satisfactory progress in a calendar year a student must pass units to a value of at least half the total value of units in which they remain enrolled after the final date for withdrawal without academic penalty.
Progress status7.(1) A student who makes satisfactory progress is assigned the status of 'Good Standing'.
(2) Unless the relevant board determines otherwise because of exceptional circumstances—
(a) a student who does not make satisfactory progress for the first time is assigned a progress status of 'On Probation';
(b) a student who does not make satisfactory progress for the second time is assigned a progress status of 'Suspended';
(c) a student who does not make satisfactory progress for the third time is assigned a progress status of 'Excluded'.
Award with distinction8. To be awarded the degree with distinction a student must achieve a course weighted average mark (WAM) of at least 80 per cent in—
(a) all units attempted as part of the course that are awarded a final percentage mark; and
(b) all relevant units undertaken in articulating courses of this University that are awarded a final percentage mark; and
(c) all units completed at this University that are credited to the master’s course.