CHIN2801 China Field Study
- 6 points
|Offshore teaching period||China||Face to face|
- Details for undergraduate courses
- The area of knowledge for this unit is Society and Culture
- Category A broadening unit for Bachelor of Arts students where relevant according to the broadening requirements for each student
- Level 2 elective
- Substitute unit for any one Level 2 units (6 points) for the Chinese Studies major
- This is an in-country unit during Australian summer holidays which enables students to undertake intensive language study at a Chinese university to develop their oral and written skills to a high level. It is offered as an alternative to one Chinese studies unit at UWA.
- Students are able to through four weeks of intensive instruction and interaction with Chinese language and culture, students improve their oral and written skills of Chinese language. Students also achieve a high level of familiarity with social norms and culture in China, preparing them for a wide range of social and employment contexts..
- Indicative assessments in this unit are as follows: assessment arrangements are in the hands of the host universities in China. Students receive grades for work they complete in the host university, and official transcripts of their grades are provided to UWA. If successful, students are awarded an ungraded pass by UWA.. Further information is available in the unit outline.
Supplementary assessment is not available in this unit.
- Unit Coordinator(s)
- Dr Yu Tao in Semester 1 and Associate Professor Xianlin Song in Semester 2
- Unit rules
- Successful completion of at least one Chinese language unit at UWA
equivalent as recognised by the Faculty. This unit is not available to native speakers. Approval by advising Faculty Student Office.
- CHIN2215 China Field Study
- Incidental fees
- Incidental student fees and charges are costs incurred by students as part of their studies at UWA that are in addition to their tuition fees (further information is available here or contact your Faculty Office).
Participation in this unit will incur the following incidental fee(s):Food, travel and accommodation only, includes visa related charges (estimated cost - variable).
- This unit is available over the summer break (late November - late December). Approval by advising Faculty Student Office.
- The availability of units in Semester 1, 2, etc. was correct at the time of publication but may be subject to change.
- All students are responsible for identifying when they need assistance to improve their academic learning, research, English language and numeracy skills; seeking out the services and resources available to help them; and applying what they learn. Students are encouraged to register for free online support through GETSmart; to help themselves to the extensive range of resources on UWA's STUDYSmarter website; and to participate in WRITESmart and (ma+hs)Smart drop-ins and workshops.
- Books and other material wherever listed may be subject to change. Book lists relating to 'Preliminary reading', 'Recommended reading' and 'Textbooks' are, in most cases, available via the Booktopia Textbook Finder, which has the functionality to search by course code, course, ISBN and title, and may also be posted or available at the appropriate school's administrative offices. Where texts are listed in the unit description above, an asterisk (*) indicates that the book is available in paperback.