EDUC5446 Art Curriculum II
- 6 points
Availability Location Mode Non-standard teaching period UWA (Perth) Face to face
- This unit focuses on the upper school Visual Art courses. Relevant curriculum documents are used as a basis for programming and lesson planning, focusing on the development of appropriate learning strategies, selection of resources and the development of assessment programs.
- Students are able to (1) demonstrate an awareness of the developmental needs and interests of early to mid adolescent learners in Visual Arts; (2) display a detailed understanding of the current senior Visual Arts curriculum and content knowledge; (3) develop varied strategies for effective and engaging student learning and participation; (4) apply a range of assessment and moderation processes and strategies; (5) demonstrate sound pedagogical content knowledge for senior secondary school Visual Arts, through the development of learning programs; (6) critically evaluate and use a range of instructional resources (including educational technologies) to support and enhance learning; (7) critically and positively reflect upon own teaching practice; (8) research established and new theories of learning and model best practice as a way to improve own performance.; (9) display an awareness of the issues regarding movement within the classroom and the safe distribution and use of materials specific to the Visual arts; (10) communicate effectively and professionally (in writing, orally and non-verbally) with peers, University staff and other professionals; and (11) display high standards of professional conduct, including appropriate self-management when engaging with peers, school and University staff and other professionals.
- Indicative assessments in this unit are as follows: (1) video analysis; (2) assessment and moderation processes; and (3) post compulsory curriculum development. Further information is available in the unit outline.
To pass this unit, a student must: (a) achieve an overall mark of 50 per cent or higher for the unit; and (b) achieve the requisite requirements(s) or a mark of 50 per cent or greater, whichever is higher and specified in the unit outline, for the video analysis, assessment data and processes, and post compulsory curriculum development components.
Supplementary assessment is not available in this unit.
- Unit Coordinator(s)
- Erin Knight
- Unit rules
- EDUC5445 Art Curriculum I; and enrolment in one of the following: Graduate Diploma in Education
Master of Teaching (Secondary)
- Advisable prior study:
- an acceptable degree with a major in Art, Visual Arts
Art History including six Arts units with at least two units at Level 3
- Contact hours
- 30 hours
- The availability of units in Semester 1, 2, etc. was correct at the time of publication but may be subject to change.
- All students are responsible for identifying when they need assistance to improve their academic learning, research, English language and numeracy skills; seeking out the services and resources available to help them; and applying what they learn. Students are encouraged to register for free online support through GETSmart; to help themselves to the extensive range of resources on UWA's STUDYSmarter website; and to participate in WRITESmart and (ma+hs)Smart drop-ins and workshops.
- Books and other material wherever listed may be subject to change. Book lists relating to 'Preliminary reading', 'Recommended reading' and 'Textbooks' are, in most cases, available via the Booktopia Textbook Finder, which has the functionality to search by course code, course, ISBN and title, and may also be posted or available at the appropriate school's administrative offices. Where texts are listed in the unit description above, an asterisk (*) indicates that the book is available in paperback.