LACH5414 Landscape Professional Documents
- 6 points
Availability Location Mode Semester 2 UWA (Perth) Face to face
- This unit covers the broad spectrum of professional documentation required for tender purposes in a contemporary landscape architecture practice. Topics covered include workflow practices, tender/construction documents, specifications, construction contracts and standards, and bills of quantities. The unit consists of the partial documentation of a suitable site, interwoven with a series of lectures and practical exercises in which students progressively prepare the technical documents for this space. Standard tutorials and lectures are supported with guest lectures, site visits and visits to professional offices to expose students to the breadth and scope of works associated with preparation of a technical set of documents. The final part of the unit is the culmination of the documents as a professional tender/construction set, complete with bill of quantities and letter to tenderers.
- Students are able to develop complete standard documentation drawings and written specifications for landscape construction purposes. This includes plan detail, technical specifications, bill of quantities, estimate of costs and typical contract documents for potential tender and construction of works.
- Indicative assessments in this unit are as follows: (1) weekly assignments and (2) a final documentation booklet. Further information is available in the unit outline.
Supplementary assessment is not available in this unit.
- Unit Coordinator(s)
- Matilda Caddy
- Incidental fees
- Incidental student fees and charges are costs incurred by students as part of their studies at UWA that are in addition to their tuition fees (further information is available here or contact your Faculty Office).
Participation in this unit will incur the following incidental fee(s):(1) Field trips within the metropolitan area, travel and food only (estimated cost - $10-$50)
(2) Field trips outside the metropolitan area (estimated cost - $50-$250)
(3) Interstate field trips (estimated cost - $500-$900)
(4) Overseas field trips (estimated cost - $2000-$5000).
- Contact hours
- lectures: 2 hours per week; workshop/seminars: 2 hours per week
Refer to the unit outline.