PHYS5512 Physics Reading Unit
- 6 points
|Semester 1||UWA (Perth)||Face to face|
|Semester 2||UWA (Perth)||Face to face|
- This unit meets the special needs for students to develop in-depth knowledge of a particular topic.
- Students are able to (1) demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the chosen topic and (2) develop skills in critical thinking about physical situations, problem solving and quantitative analysis.
- Indicative assessments in this unit are as follows: (1) assignments; (2) tests; and (3) project report. Further information is available in the unit outline.
Supplementary assessment is not available in this unit.
- Unit Coordinator(s)
- Professor Li Ju
- Unit rules
- completion of the core and complementary units for the Physics major
- Contact hours
- Weekly discussion sessions
- The availability of units in Semester 1, 2, etc. was correct at the time of publication but may be subject to change.
- All students are responsible for identifying when they need assistance to improve their academic learning, research, English language and numeracy skills; seeking out the services and resources available to help them; and applying what they learn. Students are encouraged to register for free online support through GETSmart; to help themselves to the extensive range of resources on UWA's STUDYSmarter website; and to participate in WRITESmart and (ma+hs)Smart drop-ins and workshops.
- Books and other material wherever listed may be subject to change. Book lists relating to 'Preliminary reading', 'Recommended reading' and 'Textbooks' are, in most cases, available at the University Co-operative Bookshop (from early January) and appropriate administrative offices for students to consult. Where texts are listed in the unit description above, an asterisk (*) indicates that the book is available in paperback.