PSYC4440 Organisational Consultancy Project Part 1
- 6 points
|Semester 1||UWA (Perth)||Face to face|
- In this unit, students are required to carry out, in a group, an organisational consultancy project that aims to diagnose and solve an organisational problem. Students work under the guidance of a supervisor, with an organisational client. This unit is taken over two successive semesters and parts 1 and 2 must be completed to fulfil the requirements of the unit, resulting in a final grade at the end of part 2.
- Students are able to (1) critically analyse an organisational problem; (2) clearly and concisely present their diagnosis of the organisational problem; (3) reflect on interpersonal and intrapersonal processes in the development of organisational consultancy solutions; and (4) illustrate appropriate solutions to organisational consultancy problems to clients.
- Indicative assessments in this unit are as follows: assessment continuing. Further information is available in the unit outline.
Supplementary assessment is not available in this unit.
- Unit Coordinator(s)
- Dr Guy Curtis
- Unit rules
- enrolment in the Master of Business Psychology (73550)
PSYC5544 Professional Skills
- PSYC4418 Advanced Quantitative Methods in Psychology
- Contact hours
- regular meetings with supervisor and group project work in consultation with supervisor— up to 150 hours
- Unit Outline
- Semester 1-2020 [SEM-1-2020]
- The availability of units in Semester 1, 2, etc. was correct at the time of publication but may be subject to change.
- All students are responsible for identifying when they need assistance to improve their academic learning, research, English language and numeracy skills; seeking out the services and resources available to help them; and applying what they learn. Students are encouraged to register for free online support through GETSmart; to help themselves to the extensive range of resources on UWA's STUDYSmarter website; and to participate in WRITESmart and (ma+hs)Smart drop-ins and workshops.
- Books and other material wherever listed may be subject to change. Book lists relating to 'Preliminary reading', 'Recommended reading' and 'Textbooks' are, in most cases, available via the Booktopia Textbook Finder, which has the functionality to search by course code, course, ISBN and title, and may also be posted or available at the appropriate school's administrative offices. Where texts are listed in the unit description above, an asterisk (*) indicates that the book is available in paperback.