There are now 3 possible online modes for units:
Units with modes Online timetabled and Online flexible are available for any student to self-enrol and study online.
Units available in Online Restricted mode have been adapted for online study only for those students who require the unit to complete their studies and who are unable to attend campus owing to exceptional circumstances beyond their control. To be enrolled in a unit in Online Restricted mode, students should contact their Student Advising Office through askUWA
Click on an offering mode for more details.
The Fine Arts Honours Dissertation by Art Practice Part 1 provides students with an opportunity to conceive, research and apply advanced skills in the development of a major studio based research project of significant scope. The research project comprises this unit and the Fine Arts Honours Dissertation by Art Practice Part 2 (ARTF4005) which are taken sequentially and form a program of sustained research under the individual supervision of an academic member of staff.
- 12 points
Availability Location Mode Semester 1 UWA (Perth) Face to face Semester 1 Online Online timetabled
- Details for undergraduate courses
- Honours core unit in Fine Arts [Bachelor of Arts (Honours)]
Students are able to (1) demonstrate high levels of competency in independent research; (2) design and sustain a comprehensive program of studio-based investigation; (3) apply sophisticated methods, skills and technical refinement in the development of art works; (4) apply critical skills to identify and resolve conceptual difficulties in the refinement of completed art works; (5) articulate considered ideas that discuss their studio-based research with clarity and receptivity; and (6) evaluate correlations in art discourse relevant to their development and presentation of art works.
Indicative assessments in this unit are as follows: folio submission/exhibition (ARTF4005 Honours Dissertation by Art Practice Part 2). Further information is available in the unit outline.
Student may be offered supplementary assessment in this unit if they meet the eligibility criteria.
- Unit Coordinator(s)
- Vladimir Todorovic
- Unit rules
- The equivalent of a UWA weighted average mark of at least 65 per cent in the Level 3 units of the Fine Arts major.
- VISA4004 Fine Arts Honours Project Part 1
- Advisable prior study
- ARTF3050 Advanced Major Project
- Contact hours
- fortnightly meetings with supervising staff
- The availability of units in Semester 1, 2, etc. was correct at the time of publication but may be subject to change.
- All students are responsible for identifying when they need assistance to improve their academic learning, research, English language and numeracy skills; seeking out the services and resources available to help them; and applying what they learn. Students are encouraged to register for free online support through GETSmart; to help themselves to the extensive range of resources on UWA's STUDYSmarter website; and to participate in WRITESmart and (ma+hs)Smart drop-ins and workshops.
- Unit readings, including any essential textbooks, are listed in the unit outline for each unit, one week prior the commencement of study. The unit outline will be available via the LMS and the UWA Handbook one week prior the commencement of study. Reading lists and essential textbooks are subject to change each semester. Information on essential textbooks will also be made available on the Essential Textbooks. This website is updated regularly in the lead up to semester so content may change. It is recommended that students purchase essential textbooks for convenience due to the frequency with which they will be required during the unit. A limited number of textbooks will be made available from the Library in print and will also be made available online wherever possible. Essential textbooks can be purchased from the commercial vendors to secure the best deal. The Student Guild can provide assistance on where to purchase books if required. Books can be purchased second hand at the Guild Secondhand bookshop (second floor, Guild Village), which is located on campus.
Face to face
Predominantly face-to-face. On campus attendance required to complete this unit. May have accompanying resources online.
100% Online Unit. NO campus face-to-face attendance is required to complete this unit. All study requirements are online only. Unit is asynchronous delivery, with NO requirement for students to participate online at specific times.
100% Online Unit. NO campus face-to-face attendance is required to complete this unit. All study requirements are online only. Unit includes some synchronous components, with a requirement for students to participate online at specific times.
Not available for self-enrolment. Students access this mode by contacting their student office through AskUWA. 100% Online Unit.
NO campus face-to-face attendance. All study and assessment requirements are online only. Unit includes some timetabled activities, with a requirement for students to participate online at specific times. In exceptional cases (noted in the Handbook) students may be required to participate in face-to-face laboratory classes when a return to UWA’s Crawley campus becomes possible in order to be awarded a final grade.
No attendance or regular contact is required, and all study requirements are completed either via correspondence and/or online submission.
Regular attendance is not required, but student attends the institution face to face on an agreed schedule for purposes of supervision and/or instruction.
Multiple modes of delivery. Unit includes a mix of online and on-campus study requirements. On campus attendance for some activities is required to complete this unit.