BLDG5051 BIM Dynamo Online
- 6 points
If this unit does not have an online alternative, then students who are presently unable to enter Western Australia and whose studies would be delayed by an inability to complete this unit, should contact the unit coordinator (details given on this page) to ascertain, on an individual case-by-case basis, if alternate arrangements can be made to support their study in this unit.
Availability Location Mode Semester 1 Online Online flexible 100% Online Unit. NO campus face-to-face attendance is required to complete this unit. All study requirements are online only. Unit is asynchronous delivery, with NO requirement for students to participate online at specific times. Semester 2 Online Online flexible 100% Online Unit. NO campus face-to-face attendance is required to complete this unit. All study requirements are online only. Unit is asynchronous delivery, with NO requirement for students to participate online at specific times.
- This unit is to be taken by students who have substantial experience with Building Information Modelling (BIM) software and need a more advanced option unit to replace BLDG5001 BIM Authors Online. The software Dynamo provides BIM with a generative tool set using a visual scripting interface. Students develop skills in order to automate complex building components using various logic and mathematical methods. Dynamo extends building information modelling with the data and logic environment of a graphical algorithm editor.
- Students are able to (1) demonstrate an advanced understanding of the interaction between spatial relationships and visual programming in developing building components with repetition and difference; (2) competently navigate the BIM Dynamo software interface; (3) demonstrate proficiency using algorithmic design methods in the visual programming language; and (4) discern limitations and opportunities in a data and logic environment with a graphical algorithm editor.
- Indicative assessments in this unit are as follows: (1) digitally-based drawing set of small buildings and (2) digitally-based drawing set of complex buildings. Further information is available in the unit outline.
Supplementary assessment is not available in this unit.
- Unit Coordinator(s)
- Rene Van Meeuwen
- Unit rules
- Students must be enrolled in 25560 Master of Building Information Modelling (Online) (coursework) or 25540 Master of Building Information Modelling (coursework) or Master of Architecture or as approved by the unit coordinator.
- BLDG5001 BIM Authors Online
- Contact hours
- 3 hours per week.
- The availability of units in Semester 1, 2, etc. was correct at the time of publication but may be subject to change.
- All students are responsible for identifying when they need assistance to improve their academic learning, research, English language and numeracy skills; seeking out the services and resources available to help them; and applying what they learn. Students are encouraged to register for free online support through GETSmart; to help themselves to the extensive range of resources on UWA's STUDYSmarter website; and to participate in WRITESmart and (ma+hs)Smart drop-ins and workshops.
- Unit readings, including any essential textbooks, are listed in the unit outline for each unit one week prior the commencement of study. The unit outline will be available via the LMS and the UWA Handbook. Reading lists and essential textbooks are subject to change each semester. Essential textbooks can be purchased from the commercial vendors to secure the best deal. The Student Guild can provide assistance on where to purchase books if required. Books can be purchased second hand at the Guild Secondhand bookshop (second floor, Guild Village), which is located on campus. Copies of textbooks and other readings will be made available for students to access from the Library, online wherever possible as well as in print.