ECON3372 Advanced Mathematics for Economists
- 6 points
|Not available in 2019||UWA (Perth)||Face to face|
- Details for undergraduate courses
- Level 3 option in the Economics; Professional Economics major sequences
- The area of knowledge for this unit is Management and Commerce
- Category B broadening unit for students
- Level 3 elective
- This units builds on intermediate mathmatical techniques for economists and introduces new techniques for dealing with dynamic optimisation.
- Students are able to acquire further mathematical tools that are useful in modern quantitative economics and econometrics.
- Assessment information is provided in the unit outline.
Supplementary assessment is not available in this unit except in the case of a bachelor's pass degree student who has obtained a mark of 45 to 49 overall and is currently enrolled in this unit, and it is the only remaining unit that the student must pass in order to complete their course.
- Unit rules
- ECON2272 Intermediate Mathematics for Economists
ECON3272 Intermediate Mathematics for Economists
- Contact hours
- lectures/tutorials/seminars/workshops: up to 3 hours per week
- The availability of units in Semester 1, 2, etc. was correct at the time of publication but may be subject to change.
- All students are responsible for identifying when they need assistance to improve their academic learning, research, English language and numeracy skills; seeking out the services and resources available to help them; and applying what they learn. Students are encouraged to register for free online support through GETSmart; to help themselves to the extensive range of resources on UWA's STUDYSmarter website; and to participate in WRITESmart and (ma+hs)Smart drop-ins and workshops.
- Books and other material wherever listed may be subject to change. Book lists relating to 'Preliminary reading', 'Recommended reading' and 'Textbooks' are, in most cases, available at the University Co-operative Bookshop (from early January) and appropriate administrative offices for students to consult. Where texts are listed in the unit description above, an asterisk (*) indicates that the book is available in paperback.