There are now 3 possible online modes for units:
Units with modes Online timetabled and Online flexible are available for any student to self-enrol and study online.
Units available in Online Restricted mode have been adapted for online study only for those students who require the unit to complete their studies and who are unable to attend campus owing to exceptional circumstances beyond their control. To be enrolled in a unit in Online Restricted mode, students should contact their Student Advising Office through askUWA
Click on an offering mode for more details.
Face to face
Predominantly face-to-face. On campus attendance required to complete this unit. May have accompanying resources online.
100% Online Unit. NO campus face-to-face attendance is required to complete this unit. All study requirements are online only. Unit is asynchronous delivery, with NO requirement for students to participate online at specific times.
100% Online Unit. NO campus face-to-face attendance is required to complete this unit. All study requirements are online only. Unit includes some synchronous components, with a requirement for students to participate online at specific times.
Not available for self-enrolment. Students access this mode by contacting their student office through AskUWA. 100% Online Unit.
NO campus face-to-face attendance. All study and assessment requirements are online only. Unit includes some timetabled activities, with a requirement for students to participate online at specific times. In exceptional cases (noted in the Handbook) students may be required to participate in face-to-face laboratory classes when a return to UWA’s Crawley campus becomes possible in order to be awarded a final grade.
No attendance or regular contact is required, and all study requirements are completed either via correspondence and/or online submission.
Regular attendance is not required, but student attends the institution face to face on an agreed schedule for purposes of supervision and/or instruction.
Multiple modes of delivery. Unit includes a mix of online and on-campus study requirements. On campus attendance for some activities is required to complete this unit.
ECON4504 Advanced Quantitative Economics
- 6 points
Availability Location Mode Semester 1 UWA (Perth) Face to face Semester 1 Online Online Restricted
- Details for undergraduate courses
- Honours option in Economics [Bachelor of Commerce (Honours)]
- This unit provides an advanced course of study in a specialised area of quantitative economics that is designed to meet the particular requirements of the students concerned. Students can only enrol in this unit with the approval of the honours or postgraduate course coordinator, as appropriate.
- Students are able to (1) investigate quantitative economic topics; (2) demonstrate a familiarity with a range of economic data; (3) explain a range of advanced econometric methods and their application; and (4) critically determine appropriate analytical techniques when approaching economic problems.
- Indicative assessments in this unit are as follows: (1) tutorial participation; (2) written individual assignment; and (3) examinations. Further information is available in the unit outline.Student may be offered supplementary assessment in this unit if they meet the eligibility criteria.
Except where supplementary assessment is not available in a unit, it will be offered to students in all units who:
- Are in good academic standing overall;
- Have submitted all assessment items in the unit;
- No finding of academic misconduct has been made against them in the unit concerned.
Additionally student may apply for supplementary assessment in any unit which is the final unit required for graduation in there course and where they have achieved a mark between 45 and 49 for the unit overall, or the same mark in any failed component item in the unit.
- Unit rules
- Contact hours
- lectures/tutorials/seminars/workshops: up to 3 hours per week