There are now 3 possible online modes for units:
Units with modes Online timetabled and Online flexible are available for any student to self-enrol and study online.
Units available in Online Restricted mode have been adapted for online study only for those students who require the unit to complete their studies and who are unable to attend campus owing to exceptional circumstances beyond their control. To be enrolled in a unit in Online Restricted mode, students should contact their Student Advising Office through askUWA
Click on an offering mode for more details.
- In the unit set, students follow one or more lines of enquiry through a supervised but independent research project. Students gain experience in the identification and resolution of problems associated with their chosen project. In consultation with
supervisors, students design and carry out research, compile and manipulate data, critically analyse results, re-evaluate research goals and present the research results in a written research project.
The unit provides the research and project management skills necessary for a career as an economic research professional. The project management skills and experience acquired in the unit are relevant to all students wishing to practice as professional economists.
- 6 points
Availability Location Mode First year of offer Not available in 2022 UWA (Perth) Face to face
- Students are able to (1) execute an independent project in their discipline; (2) analyse information relevant to a field of enquiry; and (3) understand information relevant to a field of enquiry.
- Indicative assessments in this unit are as follows: project (continuous assessment with a final mark awarded at the completion of project
parts 1 and 2). Further information is available in the unit outline.
Student may be offered supplementary assessment in this unit if they meet the eligibility criteria.
- Unit Coordinator(s)
- Associate Professor Benedict White
- Unit rules
- Enrolment in
- AGRI5560 Agricultural Economics Literature Review and Research Proposal, AGRI5509 Agricultural Sciences Masters Research Project Development, AGRI5551 Agricultural Sciences Masters Research Dissertation Part 1, AGRI4511 Agriculture Honours Research Project Development , AGRI5541 Agriculture Honours Research Dissertation Part 1, ENVT5011 Research Project in Environmental Science Part 1, SCIE4501 Science Research Dissertation Part 1
- Contact hours
- as required by supervisor
- The two part project unit set is taken over two consecutive semesters for full-time enrolment and part-time enrollment. Parts 1 and 2 must be completed to fulfill the requirements of the unit. Students can commence the unit in either semester 1 or semester 2.
- The availability of units in Semester 1, 2, etc. was correct at the time of publication but may be subject to change.
- All students are responsible for identifying when they need assistance to improve their academic learning, research, English language and numeracy skills; seeking out the services and resources available to help them; and applying what they learn. Students are encouraged to register for free online support through GETSmart; to help themselves to the extensive range of resources on UWA's STUDYSmarter website; and to participate in WRITESmart and (ma+hs)Smart drop-ins and workshops.
- Unit readings, including any essential textbooks, are listed in the unit outline for each unit, one week prior the commencement of study. The unit outline will be available via the LMS and the UWA Handbook one week prior the commencement of study. Reading lists and essential textbooks are subject to change each semester. Information on essential textbooks will also be made available on the Essential Textbooks. This website is updated regularly in the lead up to semester so content may change. It is recommended that students purchase essential textbooks for convenience due to the frequency with which they will be required during the unit. A limited number of textbooks will be made available from the Library in print and will also be made available online wherever possible. Essential textbooks can be purchased from the commercial vendors to secure the best deal. The Student Guild can provide assistance on where to purchase books if required. Books can be purchased second hand at the Guild Secondhand bookshop (second floor, Guild Village), which is located on campus.
Face to face
Predominantly face-to-face. On campus attendance required to complete this unit. May have accompanying resources online.
100% Online Unit. NO campus face-to-face attendance is required to complete this unit. All study requirements are online only. Unit is asynchronous delivery, with NO requirement for students to participate online at specific times.
100% Online Unit. NO campus face-to-face attendance is required to complete this unit. All study requirements are online only. Unit includes some synchronous components, with a requirement for students to participate online at specific times.
Not available for self-enrolment. Students access this mode by contacting their student office through AskUWA. 100% Online Unit.
NO campus face-to-face attendance. All study and assessment requirements are online only. Unit includes some timetabled activities, with a requirement for students to participate online at specific times. In exceptional cases (noted in the Handbook) students may be required to participate in face-to-face laboratory classes when a return to UWA’s Crawley campus becomes possible in order to be awarded a final grade.
No attendance or regular contact is required, and all study requirements are completed either via correspondence and/or online submission.
Regular attendance is not required, but student attends the institution face to face on an agreed schedule for purposes of supervision and/or instruction.
Multiple modes of delivery. Unit includes a mix of online and on-campus study requirements. On campus attendance for some activities is required to complete this unit.