EDUC5643 Leading Assessment and Accountability
- 6 points
|Not available in 2019||UWA (Perth)||Face to face|
- This unit examines principles of educational assessment and measurement. Students explore the relationship between assessment and exemplary teaching practice and evaluate what constitutes best practice in assessment. They consider the differing contexts of teacher observation, teacher devised assessments and standardised assessments and how each of these can be used to lead professional inquiry and support growth in student learning.
- Students are able to (1) lead professional inquiry; (2) review school assessment practices to ensure the collection of valid performance information; (3) evaluate whole school performance information; and (4) use this information for future whole school planning.
- Indicative assessments in this unit are as follows: (1) written assignment and (2) written assignment—1500 words. Further information is available in the unit outline.
Supplementary assessment is not available in this unit.
- Unit Coordinator(s)
- Dr Stephen Humphry
- The availability of units in Semester 1, 2, etc. was correct at the time of publication but may be subject to change.
- All students are responsible for identifying when they need assistance to improve their academic learning, research, English language and numeracy skills; seeking out the services and resources available to help them; and applying what they learn. Students are encouraged to register for free online support through GETSmart; to help themselves to the extensive range of resources on UWA's STUDYSmarter website; and to participate in WRITESmart and (ma+hs)Smart drop-ins and workshops.
- Books and other material wherever listed may be subject to change. Book lists relating to 'Preliminary reading', 'Recommended reading' and 'Textbooks' are, in most cases, available at the University Co-operative Bookshop (from early January) and appropriate administrative offices for students to consult. Where texts are listed in the unit description above, an asterisk (*) indicates that the book is available in paperback.